“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mahalo

Mahalo
Ranked #1 of 2,265 Restaurants in Cuiaba
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

While the service timing is often "off," the staff are all really keen to provide excellent service.

The owner/chef/beautiful businesswoman is so kind and genuine I would have written a good review even if I didn't like the food.....this woman is just amazing, and very easy on they eyes as an added bonus.

Very nice atmosphere.....very quiet and sophisticated, yet not stiff and formal.

The food is very good. Some of it is excellent. The grape leaves with pomegranate juice is my favorite dish. The cheese ice cream my least favorite.

I tried three nights last week, and was never disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank WinstonIowa

Tel Aviv, Israel
“best chef in Cuiaba, one of the best in Brazil!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stand by the title!

the restaurant was recommended to us (me and the Mrs.) by the hotel staff, which claimed it was the best in Cuiaba.
unfortunately (actually- fortunately) the restaurant was closed that day due to a big event the chef and his crew was participating in- some sort of a show called "Casacor". we were told the chef has a restaurant in that venue as well, so we went there to see what the fuss was all about.

to make a long story short- the food offered is VERY unique, and makes you think after every bite.
my wife claims her Filet Mignon is the best piece of meat she had ever tasted (with Brie cheese and Acai sauce), and my Risotto was superb, even in Italian standards!
we had the pleasure of meeting the chef, which was very interested to see what the hell are two tourists doing in a show like that, and he was very very nice and welcoming (we could combine 3 sentences together between his not-so-good English and my even-worse Portuguese).

all in all- this guy knows what he is doing in the kitchen! don't miss out on it if you are in Cuiaba!

• Visited September 2012
London
“Best restaurant in Cuiaba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Good service, very good food, nice decor (starting to age just a little), wine list not extortionate, decent bar. Lebanese inspired but very Brazilian.

Visited January 2012

Been to Mahalo? Share your experiences!