“The best inn in a great paradise”

Pousada Porto de Cima
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Morro de Sao Paulo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“The best inn in a great paradise”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Amazing Atmosphere!! We loved the decor of the main areas every single item was chosen individually to create an amazing atmosphere. We even saw one of the owner hand making a table!! Excellent location, very close from all the main beaches and attractions but away from the noise. We managed to see little monkeys (we even hand fed them!!), hummingbirds, and all different kind of plants and flowers. Breakfast out of this world, every single day different items coming hot and nicely prepared from the kitchen. The attention given by the owners and all the staff in general was the best! They suggested us different things to do every single day, some of them out of the touristic circuit, which made us discover the real Morro! Porto de cima..we will come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mariela4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

we really enjoyed staying in this pousada. the owners are incredibly friendly, helpful & make the most possible to make your stay unforgettable. the breakfast is amazing, offers a lot of different things like different breads, cakes, cereals, chees, meat, pancake, bruschetta, tortills, muffins etc.. the room was basic but totally sufficient. wifi only works at the breakfast are which is definitely sufficient. the pousada is located in the middle of the jungle 3 min away from the center. you'll sleep like a baby... there's no noise! recommended to everyone! :)

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, but next time we'd stay elsewhere for reasons that aren't entirely the hotel's fault.

It's a five minute walk from where the catamarans land, no need to hire a barrow boy, although there are some serious hills to negotiate and I'm glad I left my main luggage in Salvador. The location is a bit out-of-the-way, it's not inconvenient as such, but if we stayed again we'd choose a pousada or hotel between second and third beach, or maybe first and second (but fourth beach is really too far).

I'm a chronic arachnophobe, and whilst I didn't see any spiders there were plenty of old webs around the room, and a sign on the door basically warning you about insects and that they can't be avoided - the first time I've ever seen such a notice in a hotel. A gap under the door had me continually nervous. So whilst I didn't see anything to cause a cardiac, I was constantly on edge, and next time I'd choose a pousada that wasn't effectively in the jungle.

The wi-fi in the rooms basically didn't work.

Breakfast was good and the bruschetta excellent, where you can watch the monkeys running up and down the power lines. The staff were all excellent, and not at all bothered we are a gay couple.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kenny353
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful pousada that allows you to experience Morro the way it used to be. Nice location in a forest setting, and still only a few minutes walk to restaurants and the beaches. Memorable breakfast. We had a great time!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Sanne S
Reviewed March 15, 2013

In a calm area, just next to the center of Morro and the beachs, perfect location, friendly Luciana gives great advice, fantastic home made breakfeast, very nice and pleasant decoration.
200% satisfied !!!!!
Tristan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I have not stayed at this pousada, but my boyfriend and I had dinner there and were amazed with the food, atmosphere and service. The food was great - the pork chops are heavenly and an absolute must! The place is very nicely decorated, perfect for a calm and romantic evening. And the service was fantastic. The only negative remark we can think of: the wine selection is ok but nothing special.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank LaDini
Manaus, AM
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Before we stayed at POUSADA PORTO DD CIMA ,I my self Enjoyed a lot my Nephew ,son and my little daughters loved it.
The owner Diego and All staffs were very professional,
The only person who did not gave an excellent vote was my wife as the owner and staffs did not allowed my wife to make my children 3 and 4 years old it was around 3 pm and the children were starving, so my wife as a client a woman with two very sensitive children did not received the right treatment as she was paying the room as normal guest she expected to have a better treatment as a tourism agent as owner of Amazon Gero's owner, so the final vote she gives is that if your children do need special care regarding to need using a kitchen never go there, but if your children do not need this care she highly recommend this pousada for adults or children who do not need a kitchen ,she asked me to repeat this because she insisted but did not succeed.
I myself Gero have no complain as I understand which place has its own rules which has to be respected respected but I as a husband and as I saw my wife in asking for a favor which was ignored I advise that when you find a child with 3 years old deeply need for a help please as it is a human subject to finalize I really loved Pousada Porto de Cima ,very clean ,organized an excellent location but please make it easier to clients with children,
I accept your explanation ,I respect your as an excellent professional but I confess that my family
Did not left your pousada with the same feeling as I did ,but you are still young and have time to learn.

Room Tip: Room number 8 , 9 and the number 10 excellent location