“Just not good.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papa Grandes

Papa Grandes
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just not good.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Tiny fish tacos, $24 for a 2 little tuna tacos with maybe 3 oz of tuna, bland ceviche and a horrible dessert. Never again.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Happy Hour Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Very good service and polite and friendly staff members throughout the restaurant. Happy hour at the upstairs bar was awesome and the $5 margaritas were delicious. The only issue was that the day was overcast and the air was still on full blast so we had to move around a bit to find a comfortable place to sit.

Delaware
“Best margarita”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Love the sugar cane margaritas here! Fun place with surfing movies on the wall and open air (with air conditioning!!) water views. Friendly place and great staff.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Papa Grandes, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi, Thank you for joining us at Papa Grandes. I'm really glad you enjoyed the margaritas and atmosphere. They are definitely a huge hit for us. I would recommend coming for happy hour if you haven't yet. $5 margaritas, $5 guacamole, $5 nachos and $2 tacos. I hope to see you again soon. If you need anything please feel free to contact me either via trip advisor message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.
Thanks,
Mike Dickinson
Alexandria, Virginia
“New Favorite at the Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I read through many of the reviews and am surprised at the negative experience others have had. I went last Saturday evening with 3 adults and two young kids and we had great food, great service and enjoyed the atmosphere.

As a table, we tried a lot of different things - chips & salsa (which were complimentary with our meal, not $4 as the menu stated), queso, the jicama & carrots, the mexican street corn, fish tacos & carnitas tacos, fajitas, the mexican chopped salad and the quesadillas.

The only minor complaint I had was the carintas tacos were on the greasy side. But otherwise, everything was delicious and I'll certainly be returning soon.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Papa Grandes, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi Stacy! Thanks for joining us at Papa Grandes & taking the time to share your experience with the TA community. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your meal with us. I'm sorry that the carnita was a little greasy. Next time you're with us, please let us know & we'll get a new one for you right away! If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.

Thanks
Mike Dickinson
Frederick, MD
“Scrapple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I love scrapple and they had this awesome burrito with scrapple, gucamole and an egg - probably not for everyone, but it was good. Did a solo return the following day and had the crispy fish taco and key lime pie - both outstanding. Service was laid back, but not so much so as to be ineffective.

Visited July 2014