“2nd stay, won't be out last..”
Review of Atlantic Coast Inn

and 1 more site!
Atlantic Coast Inn
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is our 2nd stay in Fenwick and at this motel. Both times we have had a wonderful stay here. What I have said in my first rating of this location still stands, if you care to look it up (2012 july)

I find that for the rate you cannot beat being able to walk to beach along with the cleanliness of the room and size. Again our rooms were pleasantly quiet and I never heard a peep from our neighbors through the walls. This time around we managed to spend some time at the pool which was fun for the entire family.

This place is not the fanciest place if that is what you are looking for but I find it cozy and very budget friendly. We will be back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Balboaroc

Reviewed June 27, 2013

On our 4th visit, my family rented the 2 br apartment for the first time. It was great to have the living space and the wrap around porch. The AC and fridge worked beautifully. Reed (who is the owner I was told) was really nice. Had to fix our door and gave me a great tip on a local barbershop. The pool was great as always. Going early in the season, it was like having a private pool to ourselves.

The one and only drawback was not having cable. I was told the room was refurbed with a flatscreen, but it didn't have cable. Normally, that's not an issue, but there was an event on ESPN I wanted to watch one night, that I ended up having to watch on my wife's kindle. Hopefully, that will be changed before next year.

Room Tip: We always ask for second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PSU_li0ns
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just stayed at the Atlantic Coast Inn from June 17-20. I was more than happy with what we received for the price. We came from Ohio and had just stayed one night in a horrendous hotel in Baltimore, so when we opened the door to our room we were 100 times happy. They keep the rooms very clean (no mildew smell from water from the pool or beach) and the staff was very helpful directing us to places to go, etc. The pool was nice and clean (but a little cold!) and there were rarely other people swimming, so our family of 5 often felt like we had a private pool to ourselves. The room fridge is much bigger than a typical hotel fridge, which was perfect for us. Also, the housekeeping staff were amazing and cleaned up some pretty big messes from our toddlers. Overall, this hotel was perfect for us, and very affordable for our family vacation. I would recommend this hotel to staying in Ocean City any day. It's also close to several mini-golf courses and a very short walk to the beach (short enough that our 2 year old didn't complain). My only issue was that I prefer harder mattresses (their's are a bit springy), but it was not a distraction from how happy we were with the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kara H
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel. However, I made reservations for a week-end in July. We were going with other people and I needed to check with them. The reservations clerk, who might have been the owner, urged me to make my reservations in case they booked up. I asked about the cancellation policy since I knew that I might need to cancel and he told me that as long as I cancelled at least 9 days in advance of the reservation there would be no charge. I checked again and asked him if there was any cancellation charge and he said emphatically no.
I cancelled the reservation 4 days later, way in advance of my due date and at that time he told me that there would be a $30 charge per room per night. When I reminded him that I had specifically asked about this before making the reservation he told me that he had mentioned this fee when I made the reservation. Since this is a he-said/she-said situation I don't think I have any recourse but I certainly will not consider staying there.
This is an older facility and I asked questions about mold, etc. Since I was duped about the cancellation fee, I don't trust that I wasn't duped about my other questions.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank homxpres
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed at the Atlantic Coast inn on several occassions and have never been disappointed. Just your average small, motel room, but very clean. Nice touches include a small refrigerator, microwave and small table and chairs. The pool is big and always sparkling clean.Rates are reasonable and close to mini-golf with a small boardwalk area. A good place to stay for a weekend trip!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantic Coast Inn, in Fenwick Island, DE for a weekend visit to Ocean City, MD. This hotel is right on the outskirts of Ocean City – a quick 10 minute drive on Coastal Highway & we were in ‘downtown’ Ocean City. And The Atlantic Coast Inn was half the price of hotel rooms in Ocean City. The room was spacious and clean – 2 double beds, table, 2 chairs, dresser, flat screen TV, and microwave & coffeepot. Hotel refrigerators are usually college dorm room size. This refrig was twice that size, with a separate freezer compartment! Very nice! The room even had a back door that led to a little patio with 2 lawn chairs. The hotel had a huge pool but we didn't use it. The shower had great water pressure and the water heated up instantly. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom. This hotel still uses actual keys; it felt strange not to have a ‘slider card’ as a room key. There was no continental breakfast bar, and that’s okay (they’re not very good anyway). This place was great! No complaints. I’ll be staying here again on future visits to Ocean City.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JoAnne C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked a king room for 1 night on August 29, 2012 based on other reviews. Although the king room had a view of the parking lot, we didn't care since we were just there for the night. The motel seems to be very old, but the room had been updated. It had a table and chairs, counter top with sink, plus microwave and fridge, which would have been great if we had stayed longer. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed. When we unlocked the door, the smoke detector was chirping. We called the office and someone was there to replace the battery within 5 minutes. Pool was large and very nice. There was also a gazebo that we enjoyed later in the evening. We will definitely stay here again. It's within walking distance of Harpoon Hannah's and Nicks Rib House. It's also a short walk to the bus station for Ocean City.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Fenwick Island
Sands Motel
Sands Motel
#4 of 4 in Fenwick Island

Been to Atlantic Coast Inn? Share your experiences!