“Buyer Beware”

Atlantic Coast Inn
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Buyer Beware”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel. However, I made reservations for a week-end in July. We were going with other people and I needed to check with them. The reservations clerk, who might have been the owner, urged me to make my reservations in case they booked up. I asked about the cancellation policy since I knew that I might need to cancel and he told me that as long as I cancelled at least 9 days in advance of the reservation there would be no charge. I checked again and asked him if there was any cancellation charge and he said emphatically no.
I cancelled the reservation 4 days later, way in advance of my due date and at that time he told me that there would be a $30 charge per room per night. When I reminded him that I had specifically asked about this before making the reservation he told me that he had mentioned this fee when I made the reservation. Since this is a he-said/she-said situation I don't think I have any recourse but I certainly will not consider staying there.
This is an older facility and I asked questions about mold, etc. Since I was duped about the cancellation fee, I don't trust that I wasn't duped about my other questions.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank homxpres

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed at the Atlantic Coast inn on several occassions and have never been disappointed. Just your average small, motel room, but very clean. Nice touches include a small refrigerator, microwave and small table and chairs. The pool is big and always sparkling clean.Rates are reasonable and close to mini-golf with a small boardwalk area. A good place to stay for a weekend trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Michelle S
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantic Coast Inn, in Fenwick Island, DE for a weekend visit to Ocean City, MD. This hotel is right on the outskirts of Ocean City – a quick 10 minute drive on Coastal Highway & we were in ‘downtown’ Ocean City. And The Atlantic Coast Inn was half the price of hotel rooms in Ocean City. The room was spacious and clean – 2 double beds, table, 2 chairs, dresser, flat screen TV, and microwave & coffeepot. Hotel refrigerators are usually college dorm room size. This refrig was twice that size, with a separate freezer compartment! Very nice! The room even had a back door that led to a little patio with 2 lawn chairs. The hotel had a huge pool but we didn't use it. The shower had great water pressure and the water heated up instantly. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom. This hotel still uses actual keys; it felt strange not to have a ‘slider card’ as a room key. There was no continental breakfast bar, and that’s okay (they’re not very good anyway). This place was great! No complaints. I’ll be staying here again on future visits to Ocean City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JoAnne C
Millersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked a king room for 1 night on August 29, 2012 based on other reviews. Although the king room had a view of the parking lot, we didn't care since we were just there for the night. The motel seems to be very old, but the room had been updated. It had a table and chairs, counter top with sink, plus microwave and fridge, which would have been great if we had stayed longer. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed. When we unlocked the door, the smoke detector was chirping. We called the office and someone was there to replace the battery within 5 minutes. Pool was large and very nice. There was also a gazebo that we enjoyed later in the evening. We will definitely stay here again. It's within walking distance of Harpoon Hannah's and Nicks Rib House. It's also a short walk to the bus station for Ocean City.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kayaker201
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 30, 2012

we needed a last minute place to stay for a night at the beach, the Atlantic Coast was an acceptable beach motel. Nothing fancy, short walk across the highway to the beach. AC worked good shower pressure, mini fridge was cold enough to freeze my water (i made it too cold) bed was springy for my taste, but not horrible. Most importantly it was clean!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica M
PA
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have stayed at more expensive hotels in Ocean city located on the boardwalk w/ocean views. They were not as clean as clean as the Atlantic Coast Inn. The front desk people are friendly and very helpful if you have questions. This was our second summer staying here,we like being on Fenwick away from the all night partying and car noise of Ocean City. Check out Fenwick Island state park seashore, for small fee you can park and they have a bath house and Consession stand.The price is much more reasonable than other less clean motels in the area.

Room Tip: We prefer the back building facing the bay on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Eldersburg, Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel is a great hotel for the price. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and most said that it was a clean hotel and a good deal for the money. I agree. The hotel was clean, the pool was basic but clean and nice. We rented two rooms and we were all happy with the hotel. Lots of nice families staying there. It was close to Fisher's Popcorn, several nice miniature golf courses, Nick's Rib's and several candy and ice cream stores. The beaches across the highway were nice. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Inn Gold Coast
Comfort Inn Gold Coast
#35 of 103 in Ocean City
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott

Been to Atlantic Coast Inn? Share your experiences!