“Never Again”
Review of Fenwick Crabhouse

Fenwick Crabhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Notably the last restaurant on Coastal Highway in Fenwick Island, Delaware before entering Ocean City, Maryland, Delaware may have saved the best for last. The award winning Fenwick Crabhouse has been an icon in the resort for almost 50 years. Though being named a "favorite seafood dive in the US" for an unprecedented fourth straight year by Coastal Living Magazine, the Fenwick Crabhouse is hardly a dive. While the atmosphere is casual, they have an appealing menu of carefully prepared meals catering to a variety of tastes. You will find great wines, craft beers, their hallmark "The Perfect Crab cake" (NY Times), Delaware Magazine's 2011 "Best Ribs," and of course, those wonderful steamed crabs. Their mission is to provide a unique blend of creatively prepared dishes using fresh, locally grown foods and award-winning beverages to the table. The Fenwick Crabhouse is a seasonal restaurant off-season hours change before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Call for hours.
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My family and I stopped at the Fenwick Crab House while driving through the area. My husband had suggested that we try another establishment when we arrived due to the fact that it was lunch time and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. The kids and I were tired so we decided to try it out. The first problem came when the waitress couldn't speak English very well. My husband asked if they had Dr. Pepper for the kids and Diet Coke for himself. She wasn't sure but agreed to find out. She returned with Pepsi for the kids and Diet Pepsi for my husband. My husband refuses to drink Pepsi. The soft drinks were 2.75 each but pretty much went to waste. My crab bisque arrived cold and had virtually no taste. It was almost like eating cold and watered corn starch. Blech! My daughter's crab cakes were o.k. but not the best she has had. They should have been for $13.00 on the children's menu! As we were eating my son's arm hit his Pepsi which ended up on the floor. The waitress watched this take place as she stood at the back of the restaurant chatting with another waitress. She made a face but she never came over to clean the mess or ask if he would like another drink. In fact she never came over at all through the entire meal. To make a sad situation worse, my children and I were violently ill that night. I won't go in to details but to say that the three of us were standing in line at our hotel bathroom all night.

1  Thank MojoOnTheGo
There are newer reviews for Fenwick Crabhouse

Reviewed August 12, 2007

We vacation in OC every year and this is one place we always eat at. The wide variety of Seafood choices and all you can eat crabs can be a little more money but worth it. I have eaten at all the most popular seafood joints in OC and this is the best. Just over the MD/DE line it is worth the drive. The service is always great, House dressing available for the salad (recommend), Childrens menu, Horseradish cheese dip served with crackers is a must try. average price is $22 for adult seafood and $10 for kids.

2  Thank monilee

Been to Fenwick Crabhouse? Share your experiences!