“Not the Ribs”
Review of Fenwick Crabhouse

Fenwick Crabhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Notably the last restaurant on Coastal Highway in Fenwick Island, Delaware before entering Ocean City, Maryland, Delaware may have saved the best for last. The award winning Fenwick Crabhouse has been an icon in the resort for almost 50 years. Though being named a "favorite seafood dive in the US" for an unprecedented fourth straight year by Coastal Living Magazine, the Fenwick Crabhouse is hardly a dive. While the atmosphere is casual, they have an appealing menu of carefully prepared meals catering to a variety of tastes. You will find great wines, craft beers, their hallmark "The Perfect Crab cake" (NY Times), Delaware Magazine's 2011 "Best Ribs," and of course, those wonderful steamed crabs. Their mission is to provide a unique blend of creatively prepared dishes using fresh, locally grown foods and award-winning beverages to the table. The Fenwick Crabhouse is a seasonal restaurant off-season hours change before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Call for hours.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went to Fenwick because of paper ad of how good they were and awards received for ribs a couple years ago. Well things have changed! Ordered 1/2 rack with cowl slaw and fries. The ribs had to have been left over from night before.They were dry, tough and tried to disguise them by putting 4 count them tablespoons of sweet BBQ sauce on them. Cowl Slaw had no taste. Never again!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The 3 guys are from Boston visiting friends in Fenwick Island... Our friends brought us to eat at this place for dinner....
We met the owner scott super nice and friendly guy. the food was great we really enjoyed the food! The 3 of us are from boston, we know great seafood...and this guy has the best seafood around there.....Love the crab cakes and we are trilled to hear that you ship for all occasions !
Next time we are in F.I. we will have another great meal at "The Crab House"
Thanks again scott for a great experience at "The Crab House" we will be back for more of your great food.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you write a song using my title for this review, know that I am watching out here.....anyway, seafood bands have gone the way of the hair bands, so I'll continue my review. Are you into crab? this is your spot. Albeit not a very clean spot, the decor standard barnacle seafaring wares, with non-dusted nets and such scattered about walls and I think there was carpet - a big no-no in restaurants....but don't look - just eat the food. The service we had was great, we went several times since they had the freshest crabcakes we could find anywhere, plus the locals recommend the place, and they eat there - that speaks volumes when you're on a strip of businesses (most of them restaurants) along 9 miles of the DelMarva beach-beautiful.

Had the crabcake, it wasn't really hot, I wonder if it had been microwaved from the way the layers of 'hot' appeared, I'm curious about this, but the taste made up for it. After all, we were there for all things crab. May I also recommend the she-crab bisque, delicious and buttery, fattening and decadent, just be ready to order a second serving, or take one to go....it will be on your mind for hours it's that rich and good.

I could be wrong, but I think they only had margarine....I won't even get into how wrong that is at a seafood restaurant here....there's not enough room. So correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was the case at lunch one day....

If you're at the beach in Fenwick Island and want to eat somewhere for the authentic local crab cake experience, head over to Fenwick Crabhouse.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a very unpretentious restaurant, but the food is worth the trip.
The crabs are a good size, worth the money. The staff is accomodating, keeping drinks filled.
The menu is fairly extensive for a crab house. They have great crab soup, excellent crab cakes without filler and fabulous desserts.
You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My favorite fried chicken anywhere, and some of the best crab cakes you will find on the eastern shore. Best bet -- sit at the bar in the summer when there is a line to get a table and chat with the very freindly bartenders.