“Sit on the bar side. Interesting bands and dancing. Crab Cakes are great!”
Review of House of Welch - CLOSED

House of Welch
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The bar menu is inexpensive and it is on the last page of the menu. Patrons were there who dance all the old time music, and apparently they take the dance floor a couple of nights a week. They are fun to watch. I ordered the chicken marsala. It had a very thick sauce. The mushrooms on top of it were delicious. The potato salad was wonderful. My husband had the crab cake, which had lumps of crab meat in it. This bar could be ANYWHERE. There are no signs of this being a beach bar at all, even though it is just a few feet from Coastal Hwy.

1  Thank OnVacationToday

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We took our grown children and grand children here for dinner. We sat on the Pub side which is what I recommend since it's smoke free just like the restaurant side. Dinners were all discounted $4 per entrée so that's a $24 for our group. Add the tax free aspect to the bill and that's another $6 off. One might calculate the 10% savings on alcohol drinks compared to OC and the savings continues.

I realize service quality varies but it was great for our visit. The food was reasonable, quick, good, and the adult beverages nearly matched the local Elks Lodge prices. Even the little ones like what they were served. There may be a reason why this establishment has been in business for over 100 years in Baltimore before relocating here and I think that's in providing good food for a fair price.

I'll close by admitting that it's not a yuppie place, it's not a "famous" Fells Point establishment. It's a mainstay for locals, a place to get a burger, fries, and drink for less than a McDonald's "Happy Meal". You can get a better meal for a price but you can't come close to the value the House of Welsh serves up. Your family will thank you, trust me.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were served a roach in our salad and their manager would only take one salad off our bill. Like anyone could eat after that. Oh, forgot to mention that our salads came out with the meal not before. Manager/Bartender Lisa is in the wrong business. Where is the owner? What happened to Jan, Norma, and Arlene they were sweet. We will never go there again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

First time we tried this restaurant while at the beach. We were pleasantly surprised. The meal was excellent. My wife had the crab imperial. She said it was the best she's ever had at a restaurant. I had the crab cakes. They were all lump crab meat. Little or no filler. Had steamed clams for an appetizer. They were delicious. Our waiter was very attentive. We will now make this a regular stop on our annual visit to the beach.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

When we walked in there were only two other tables filled out of the whole restaurant, that was kind of perplexing to us. We were told we could sit anywhere, and once we sat down and ordered it took at least 10 minutes for us to get our drinks and our waitress was nowhere to be found. We had to go up to one of the wait staff and ask them to please find our waitress and get our drinks. Once we ordered we received our food about a half hour later. My mother ordered the 9 oz cold water lobster and received twin rock lobsters. When our waitress finally came back to see how everything was, my mother complained about the lobster, which looked extremely unappetizing, the waitress informed us that they had run out of the 9 oz cold water lobster...so I guess they just decided to improvise without even coming out to tell us that they had run out. Poorly run business. Our waitress was new and seemed very unaware and naive. Horrible place, will not ever be returning.