“Good Dinner”

Harpoon Hanna's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Princeton, New Jersey
“Good Dinner”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our 5th visit to Harpoon Hanna's. Although the restaurant was very crowded, we only had to wait about 10 minutes. Service is very good, almost too good. You got the feeling they wanted to get you in/and get you out really quickly. We no sooner finished our salads and crab balls and our entrees arrived, there was no time between courses. This made the experience feel very rushed. As we put our last forkful in our mouth we were asked if we wanted coffee and desert. Food is pricey here and it would be nice to have a more leisurely dinner. I guess they are trying to turn their tables fast. Food is very good.

Pennsylvania
“Good food and music but the service is slow”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We waited at the bar for drinks oysters while the staff socialized, they need better wait staff . The music by the water is nice. The ship ride is great for kids.But I think we'll just eat at Grotto's pizza next time

Visited September 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Missed the bread girl, bread too!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Wife & I visit this restaurant each time we visit area. We look forward towards the facility providing unlimited access to assortment of breads, rolls & muffins while waiting on our main course to arrive, returning to our table several times. On 09/10/13, we visited and ordered our meals, but the bread girl never came around. Noticed our waitress providing a basket with assortment of breads for each of the tables on each side of us. So, we questioned where was the bread girl. Waitress indicated they had no girl as it was off season, but she did ask if we wanted some. She never asked if we wanted more. The restaurant advertises in the local hotel publications they provide this particular service. This is the first time we had to ask. Not sure why. Possibly when we ordered water, she realized her tip would not be as large and did not wish to spend the additional time. The crab cake and steam scrimp dinners were good however. Still, wife and I were disappointed.

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“typical family vacation seafood restuarant”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

typical family vacation seafood restaurant, many people go here, so it is popular, just not my style of dinning. waiter spilled a beer on the back of one of our party, and gave minimal apology. he didn't apologize when he handed the bill. I just thought that was poor customer service. average price, average food, a little on the not so clean side had a dirty rag smell to the place. restrooms were clean.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had both a revolting and awesome experience at Harpoon Hanna's. First the setup - we have been staying on and off in the Dewey/Bethany/Fenwick area for about a decade now. Left the kids at home with Grampa this particular night, and hubby and I headed off somewhere to find some crab legs. HH looked pretty good - I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but hoping for some solid service and decent food. First - the bad: the service. I get that it's now off-season. But this place is open year round and it's Bike Week, so I was expecting more than the awkward hostess who sat three groups in front of us while we politely waited for a promised table to be ready. Three people running the hostess station is too much, guys. Second, our waitress, while enthusiastic when she did come by (during a two hour meal), was absent most of the time. Other reviewers were right on - there was a tell-tale gang of them hanging out on the deck, smoking and drinking sodas. Helloooo - I can see you there, and I would really like a drink refill. The lady with the bread was a nice touch, but the breads were nothing special (you can get better muffins at Cottage House). My tropical salad was absolutely disgusting - brown chopped iceberg lettuce with a tiny amount of chopped tomato and cucumber drowned in some kind of green dressing with gross canned mandarin oranges and suspiciously not-fresh mini-shrimp (in comparison, my husband's Caesar salad was lovely and fresh, with real grated parmesan). Last, $2.50 for iced tea? Seriously? If you're going to charge me that, you better get over here for some refills. Okay, now the good (actually the great!): the crabs. Even though it wasn't the Monday AYCE special ($24 instead of $32), we ordered the snow crab legs. WOW! After my sucky salad, this was awesome. Steaming hot, huge piles of whole crab leg clusters. Yes, this was totally worth the visit. They were delicious and we ate a ton of them. When we started to taper off, the waitress even offered to get us "just a cluster or two more", which was really nice, and made the meal finish off nicely. Although we sat inside, we had a deck view and the water and the sunset were the perfect atmosphere for us. It was fun to see the boats go up and down the canal and watch the occasional boat pull up to the restaurant dock for pickup. The beer was cold and the crabs were hot - what more do you need? If you're picky about a whole meal, this probably isn't the place for you. But if you can roll with it, and find the good things to focus on, you'll love this place. And I do recommend the crabs. We'll probably come back and bring the kids next time, because the atmosphere is friendly and fun.