“Food was good, service great, good music on a Saturday night”

Matteo's Salsa Loco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I went on Memorial Day Saturday night and so it was very busy. But we got seats at the bar fairly fast and had great service there. The food came out in good time and was really good, my husbands was better than mine but both dishes were good. That with a couple cold beers, life was all good. Also, there was a local band (Brian Russo) who was amazing! Lots of local, lots of laughs, good time!

1  Thank punkiepam

Reviewed May 6, 2013

when we purchased the groupon originally for this resturant it was to try somewhere we had never been. when we went back the second time it was because the food was so good the first visit.. we will be going back a 3rd time and taking family and friends. All the food we have had was very good.. The steak fajita platter was plentiful and very well prepared The meat was well cooked and very well spiced.. I would love to get a ribeye seasoned the exact same way..it would be fantastic. The service has always been quick and attentive.. the prices are right in line for the area.. we have been to a couple other of the mexican resturants in the OC area but will now continue to return here..The only bad point is this is a small resturant and during the summer I have a feeling there will be a long wait as more and more people find out about this place..

1  Thank len b
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stopped in Matteo's tonight with a friend who recommended we go there. It was $5.00 off fajita night...sounded good. Asked what the best fajita was, told the Mako. I ordered that. One margarita for me, two beers for my friend. When the check came, my friend suggested I look to see if the $5.00 off was there. Surprise, it wasn't! Upon asking the waitress, she told us that all of the OTHER fajitas were 5.00 off, just not the mako. I asked why she didn't mention that at the time, or was it explained on the menu. Asked to see a manager. The owner came out, offered us the $5.00 off, then snidely mentioned that he wouldn't know it was Friday if he didn't do the asking. Well, Matteo, do you know how much that crummy $5.00 has really cost you? I won't go there again, although it is only a mile from my house, and I will never recommend it as I would hate for others to have that same experience on my recommendation. Was it worth it to play that bait and switch game? Only time will tell. On the other hand, the food was excellent. Just goes to show that good customer service is equally important as good food.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is my second review of Matteos. Honestly, as much as we loved our first visit, this visit was even better. My girlfriend had the Mako Shark dinner and I had the Rockfish tacos. Both were unbelievably good. Craig our server is simply one of the nicest people you will ever meet. We are looking forward to going down to the beach in a month or so and Matteos will be our first stop for dinner. The place is fantastic and the food is excellent. Thanks once again for a wonderful meal and evening.

1  Thank sammmey5
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Warm chips and homemade queso=excelllent. My guacamole=better, but theirs was good enough. Margaritas=good. Carne asada=excellent. Kids options=perfect. Virgin smoothies for the kids=perfect. This little place was just what we were looking for. Very family friendly with an attentive waitress. Little on the pricey side but what the hey.

1  Thank jvarga