“Great addition to Fenwick Island”

Matteo's Salsa Loco
Cuisines: Mexican
Bear, Delaware
“Great addition to Fenwick Island”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've been going here since they opened a few years ago....it's a little pricey (all Mexican is the same it's just packaged differently), but it's convenient if you're within walking distance a nice change from pizza and seafood. Service is always great and food is always tasty...

Visited August 2012
2 Thank mal

Oakton, Virginia
“This is great Mexican food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The food and service here is great. Very friendly staff and the food and drinks are fantastic. The fish tacos are some of the best I've ever had.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank lookn4birdies
Delaware
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place use to be in in Bethany Beach. It was a fly infested dump. Owner moved it to Fenwick a couple of years ago. It is a hit or miss proposition. Food can be average at best depending who happens to be cooking. Way over priced. The owner needs help in management skills. This place could be a Gold Mine if run properly. The only bright side is they have a nice bar with Great margaritas and usually a very warm and nice bartender. If your lucky you might get a Rockfish Taco which are probably one of the better things on the menu. I would recommend trying Cactus Cafe on 54 for good food

• Visited July 2012
Falls Church, Virginia
“I wanted to like it but the service was so bad”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

All I was looking for was a basic mexican dinner with my husband and 2 kids. I didn't have high expectations, but I was excited about this little place that was walking distance to where we were staying and seemed so cute and festive. I was so disappointed. The service was horrible.

Sorry for the lengthy review, but my experience was just that bad. The hostess was MIA most of the evening which left this poor waitress to tend to the front of the house. It was very busy so she and the rest of the wait staff were in the weeds. When the hostess did return she looked stressed and was kind of snarky to the people looking for a table (we were seated right by the hostess stand, so we got to hear all the drama). We only waited 5 minutes for a table, but it took another 20 minutes just to get a drink, and well over an hour to finally get dinner. The least they could have done was get the kids' dinner out. They only ordered cheese quesadillas, and by the time we got them the bottom was wet, probably because it had been sitting and steaming for a while before we got it, and she wouldn't eat it. She has never seen a quesadilla she didn't like until now. I can't really comment on how my food was becasue I was so irritated by the time I got it and just ate as fast as I could to get out of the there. THEN, I left with my kids because they were tired and cranky and left my husband at the table to pay the bill. It took him ANOTHER 15-20 minutes to get the bill. They need to learn to take the hint. All in all we were there for almost 2 hours. I won't go back.

• Visited July 2012
Hilliard, Ohio
“Great seafood with a mexican twist.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The family wanted Mexican today, checked out the tripadvisor for help.
We we saw the reviews for Matteo's.
This is when we met Craig our server.
Great attitude, and very knowledgeable, very helpfull.
I of course am not the seafood person.
Craig went over the specials, swordfish, and Mako shark steak.
I ordered the shark,(when in rome), boy was it good.
The girls had toco's, chimichanga's, Amy had the scallops veracruz.
We had no left overs. Even my fussy eater finished up everything on her plate.
Queso was not what I was used too, but it did taste good. It had a lot of cheese that was very thick. Tried the "Tres-a-rita" very good. The fruit juice in the drink must be what makes it sooooo smoothe, going down. Gonna have to come back at happy hour.
We will be going back, all ready have it locked into the GPS.

• Visited June 2012