“Great Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Catch 54 is definitely a step up from most of the restaurants in Ocean City. They unfortunately had a snag with their computer system going down the night we visited which resulted in an unfortunate hour wait, but honestly it was one of the few restaurants worth the wait. The mussels appetizer was one of the best mussel dishes I have had, lobster roll was excellent, and so were the other entrees. Once we were finally seated, everything went very well. Would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Bschin

Reviewed August 13, 2014

The food was relatively good at this restaurant. View were fine.

The perturbing view was the unsmiling staff. We even joked with our waitress about losing her smile- at which time she did smile. The wait staff took several reminders to get our water refilled and same with our ice tea.

The food was good and I would return again for dinner or lunch.

2  Thank Henry L
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The seafood and appetizers here are well worth the drive which is a little off the beaten path. It is right on the inlet and you can watch boats and jet skiers go by as you eat. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Catch 54 is something special. It is not your normal tourist trap seafood spot. I have been there 3-4 times, always with a large group and each time the food and service has been fantastic. They handle a large table as easily as a table for two. The décor is very clean and modern, not a seafood place with fish nets and boating stuff all over. The food is fresh, the plate presentation looks great also. If you want a really good meal and I nice night out, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Phil J
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went here for an early dinner this past Saturday night, with my husband and my parents (who are in their 70's, hence the 4:45 dinner). We got seated on the lower deck, right at the railing, with no issue. Absolutely STUNNING view. Could not ask for a better view. On to the food.
I got the crab and avocado salad to start. It was very good. Could have used another small piece of toasted bread, or something else for crunch (cucumber maybe?), but overall, it really was delicious. The rest shared the crab dip and said it was quite good, but were not fond of it being served with chips. The chips were very tasty though!
I had the bacon cheddar burger for dinner and it was one of the best burgers i have had in a very very long time. Super soft brioche style bun. Clearly hand made patty, crisp bacon and a mild cheddar. The fries were hand cut, sprinkled in a coarse salt-just the way I like them.
My parents each got the fried shrimp and seemed to enjoy it. Overall it was a great meal, with a great view. The interior spaces are stunning, and allow for the view to really be the star, so even if you don't get a table outside, there isn't really a bad table to be had. I will say that we did feel rushed. The food came out SO fast, i barely had time to finish my appetizer, and I had delayed ordering dinner to begin with because I could not decide what I wanted. I appreciate that they need to turn tables, but that kind of meal, in that atmosphere should allow time for a little savoring, and this did not, though it would not keep me from coming back.

Been to Catch 54? Share your experiences!