“peppers???”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 19, 2012

food above average---never have seen green peppers on a philly cheesesteak-lived in south philly for 40 years-go to 9th and wharton

bartenders only take care of locals

HSBG54, Owner at High Stakes Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hey Kelsey,

Funny that you say that about the green peppers and you are absolutely right. People LOVE them down here! At first we didn't carry them but there's was such a high demand for them that we had no reason not to. We do our best to bring in what our customers want... both local and not!

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

every summer i stay in selbyville close to fenwick island, about 15 minutes from highstakes, and i honestly have never had a better cheesesteak. (and my winter home is near philly). so this is great, i dont even think any food was over 10 dollars. my favorite is their fried pickle spears, going beyond the simple fried pieve of a pickle...they do the whole thing! after about two visits, melissa (one of the employees) remembered the names of everyone in our family, and greets with a big smile. no matter how crowded our food ALWAYS gets to us very quickly, and the entire staff keeps an eye out for refills, or missing condoments. also after i waitress at a resturant in oc, i always stop for a carryout on my way home , and they never take longer than 10 minutes. wonderful people , only thing odd is that the crowd is usually 50+ , but my parents love it because they feel like the youngest hottest things there. i highly suggest everyone stop in to this wonderful locals bar

HSBG54, Owner at High Stakes Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Hey OCgirl,

Thanks for such kind words. We are very thankful for you and your family stopping by. We get all kinds of wonderful crowds of all ages in here, it's great! Our take-out stays busy and we do our absolute best to give the same service that we would in the restaurant side. See you soon!

Thanks!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

A bit of a sports bar, country music, loud, very average food, fairly priced; live entertainment weekly, Not the best Philly Cheese Steaks, as advertised.

HSBG54, Owner at High Stakes Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Hi Bobbi, Thank you for your review. I was hoping you would have found High Stakes as more than average. We have many different events going on that are directed towards everyone, not just a particular group, therefore, we cannot refer to ourselves as any type of bar. Sometimes it can be overwhelming because of the big crowds but the noise is usually at an average bar level. As for the food, the staff is very pleased on the volume of cheesesteaks going out of the kitchen. Can I recommend trying it a different way next time? I'd like to change your mind if given the chance!

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Another delicious meal at High Stakes, got the cheese steak and fried pickles. I'm not even that big of a fan of fried pickles and I loved them! Great service too, even filled up my soda before I left.

I also recommended it to some non-trip advisor's and they were singing it's praises. I can now officially say I've been to Pat's and Geno's and this place blows them out of the water.

1  Thank Pickyeats

Hi Picky, Thank you for another wonderful review and recommending us. We are glad you are a repeat reviewer! It's good to see you received the same service and all from both the restaurant and take out areas.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a must visit place for my family to get our sub fix when we go to the beach, or for subs and beers when I'm here with the fellas.

HSBG54, Owner at High Stakes Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Hey Douglas,

I'm excited that High Stakes has become a must-stop for you. It's great that you can come enjoy some of our many subs along with a cold brew. We do our best to make you feel at home whether you are solo or with a crew. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

Take care!