“Good, Not Great”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bowie, Maryland
“Good, Not Great”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is packed every night so I figured it must be awesome. It was good, but not great. The lobster cake was very good, but the crab cake was undercooked. My son ordered oysters and was constantly picking little bits of shell out of his mouth. I'd go back, but there are better restaurants in the area.

2 Thank dtb55

Long Neck, Delaware, United States
“Great Views, Delicious Lobster Salad”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I've been to the Lobster Shanty twice for lunch and I haven't been disappointed. The views out over the bay were fantastic! I've had the lobster roll both times ($15). It is served on a fresh butter grilled roll and comes with chips and a small coleslaw. My friend and I decided to share the Chunky Lobster Guacamole as an appetizer ($12). It comes on a platter with a small compote of the lobster guacamole (delicious) and a second compote of the pico de gallo (salsa) along with taco chips. It is a meal in itself! Of course the service was terrific! My only caveat does not deal with the restaurant it deals with my cars navigation system. I plug in the address and both times it delivered me to an address about one block away from the restaurant. If this happens to you just be aware and look for the yellow building bay side, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Linda K
Little Egg Harbor
“Great Service”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Although this was not one of the best meals I've ever eaten, the service was. We had one of the best waiters ever, Karl. He was very personal, explained items on the menu, came back often to check on us --just a super guy!!!! The wings were fantastic (a suggestion from Karl), tossed in butter and Old Bay seasoning. We then shared a lobster and mac meal, pretty good, a little dry for our taste. Will go back again when on vacation next year.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Chocolatemartini2013
Virginia
“Food was good, a bit noisy inside”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Here in October on a beautiful weekend, no wait being seated. Had chowder, mussels, and the duo salad, which has shrimp and lobster on it. All was quite good, service was prompt and pleasant. No complaints.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank VATraveler888
Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Good Food, Spectacular Sunsets”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We dined here in early October, and were treated to a spectacular sunset over the bay on the shore side of Ocean City's barrier island sandspit. The food was about average for a beach restaurant, the usual mix of seafood and burgers. My lobster and shrimp combo was well prepared, with Old Bay spice on the shrimp. The lobster was just slightly over-cooked, but then, I like my seafood really juicy, so your taste may find it just fine. Others in our party of 4 raved about the shrimp salad plate. My wife thought her chicken wings, tossed in an herbed Parmesan sauce, were, "Interesting. Good." In all, a great place to watch the sunset and bay birds, with good food.

• Visited October 2013