“Great seafood and more”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I first tried this place last year and loved it, so we came back. It was late on a Friday night, and apparently we had just missed out on the long line to sit. We were seated in only 5 minutes. The servers here are always very fast and energetic. The food is very good, and not just the fish. My daughter loved her wings and my burger was excellent! My wife had a Maine lobster and loved it! The prices seem high on the menu, but it comes out suprisingly affordable because there's no sales tax added. Love Delaware for that!
We will surely come again.

1  Thank rodyk

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We found this to be a nostalgic place with seafood prepared just the way it should be. We had the "Shanty Fries" as an appetizer for 4, and it was plaenty of food and good taste. Crispy fries and lump crabmeat with cheese and scallions. Wonderful!!
There is a nice outdoor dining area overlooking a beautiful little inlet, and indoor dining with very interesting decor.
The staff was friendly and informed, and service was prompt. Have some great seafood at The Lobster Shanty.

1  Thank Christian N Jod... H
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to the Lobster Shanty on Sunday and ordered the Lobster Mac and Cheese appetizer. It was the best I have ever tasted. Very rich creamy and big pieces of lobster meat. I wish they would make this a meal option. We will definitely be back for more. Also the crabcake's are full of crab meat and not filler. The only negative was the hostess that was on duty, she was not very pleasant and we almost left because of her atitude, but glad we stayed and tried the Lobster Mac and Cheese.

2  Thank Moderngirl58
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Thought we would dine here while on vacation since it is such a popular place. It was a very busy weeknight and they were unable to fulfill our request to sit outside so we were seated inside. Our server came quickly (all of the servers moved very quickly at all times) and we were served our drinks. I had the fish tacos that were good in size but really lacked any taste. My husband had the lobster salad sandwich with fries (extra charge for fries and the portion size was very small). He said the lobster salad had little flavor and we were both left disappointed. Rave review for the banana bread dessert. Warm, delicious banana bread with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry. Don't think we will go back unless it's for the banana bread.

1  Thank Borioles97
Reviewed September 3, 2013

great spot on the assawoman bay. food good, staff full of themselves and shows it more than once in an exchange.

1  Thank robpb