“Locals Know The Best Places - This Is One of Them!”

Twining's Lobster Shanty
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Locals know the Twinings, and they know that they do things right when it comes to restaurants (the other is "Nantuckets"). Mr. Twining knows the food - Mrs. Twining knows the decor side of the business, and both are done with excellence.
I had the Lobster Roll. While it looked small on the plate, it actually turned out to be plenty for my appetite. Small roll...but overstuffed with an amazing lobster salad.
I also had the Lobster Mac & Cheese. (All caps on on purpose here): DO NOT LEAVE THIS RESTAURANT WITH TRYING THE LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE! This dish alone will bring you back to this wonderful restaurant. It's not your mom's comfort food...it's a very unique mix of spices and (I think) a splash of Marsala wine that makes this a MUST when you visit. If you're like me, you'll get another one "to go".
Beautiful, unsurpassed view of the water and wetlands. Outside deck, too.
Take it from a local....you'll love this place.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My mom and I went in around 5 on a saturday night, tonight and it was very nice. The bartender told us happy hour were rail drinks for $4.50 so I ordered a rail margarita and my mom ordered a rail gin and tonic, and they were very good but when my mom paid, they charged us for the original prices which we were very surprised by and not really happy with. We ate outside, it was a bit chilly but I loved the view and it was so nice! I got the Crab and lobster thermidor and it was soooo good! My mom had the lobster pot pie and she said she loved it! I would definitely go back but will not order from the bar. Great food and great view!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Another wonderful night out with 8 of the best people on earth. We had a great time and superb food & drinks. Starting off my meal with The Lobster Shanty's lobster & shrimp bisque, quickly hinted that we were in for a great seafood dinner. I had a nice 1& a half lb. lobster with corn on the cob and slaw which was steamed just perfectly and was made even better while watching the sun set over the bay. Friends raved about their meals of stuffed shrimp, scallops alfredo, sirloin steaks,lobster & shrimp newburg,& lobster thermidor.. The fresh deserts & coffee topped off a fabulous evening at a fantastic restaurant. Terry was our server and she was timely, fun, pleasant, knowledgeable of the menu and checked on us regularly in case we needed anything at all. If you're going to Fenwick Island or just passing through on the way to Ocean City, Twining's Lobster Shanty is a great place to visit for a wondeful meal.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Started off with a lobster bloody mary which was totally awesome 2 pieces of lobster and hot peppers and olive in the bloody mary. Then a nice cup of the homemade soup was very tastey was the Quahog & Scallop Chowdah 8.00, for man meal I had the Lobster & Scallop Newburg 24 was very creamy thick and had lots of scallops and lobster chunk in the newburg sauce was awesome. my GF had Shanty Original! Cheesy Lobster Burger 15. Dinner for two with each of us was just over 70 dollars

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We recently tried this for the first time and will surely return. Had one of the best lunches. Started with a bloody mary, then ordered lobster guacamole. Very tasty. I had the crabcake and husband ordered the shrimp salad. Both sandwiches were delicious. They offer a nice menu and it sits on the water. Staff was friendly and helpful. It's worth checking out.