“Wonderful dinner”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Started off with a lobster bloody mary which was totally awesome 2 pieces of lobster and hot peppers and olive in the bloody mary. Then a nice cup of the homemade soup was very tastey was the Quahog & Scallop Chowdah 8.00, for man meal I had the Lobster & Scallop Newburg 24 was very creamy thick and had lots of scallops and lobster chunk in the newburg sauce was awesome. my GF had Shanty Original! Cheesy Lobster Burger 15. Dinner for two with each of us was just over 70 dollars

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We recently tried this for the first time and will surely return. Had one of the best lunches. Started with a bloody mary, then ordered lobster guacamole. Very tasty. I had the crabcake and husband ordered the shrimp salad. Both sandwiches were delicious. They offer a nice menu and it sits on the water. Staff was friendly and helpful. It's worth checking out.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I don't care for seafood, but my wife loves it, so we ate here for dinner and had a great experience. The service was top-notch, as was the food. I ordered a burger, and it was the best burger I had all summer! Who knew you could get a burger like that in a seafood place. My wife also loved the seafood. The place has a lot of personality, as did our waitress. It's not cheap, but the 0% sales tax helps ease the pain there. I would eat here again in a second.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

The Lobster Shanty had come highly recommended by a coworker; so when my husband and I wanted a special lunch, we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. We began with a Lobster Bloody Mary, a delicious cocktail with a large chunk of lobster included. We were intrigued by the lobster guacamole ... homemade and delicious. Our entrees were a restaurant specialty -- the lobster roll. It was a plentiful portion of lobster salad tucked in a roll with sides of cole slaw and potato chips. A lovely view of the salt marsh and Ocean City, Md., in the distance, can be viewed from every table.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was very crowded, as we expected it to be on Labor Day weekend. We were told there was an hour wait and were in no rush so that was fine. The bar atmosphere was a lot of fun, with great bartenders and very friendly people. The drinks were excellent!

You can dine inside or out and we asked for first available and were lucky enough to sit outside on a wonderful, warm evening with a slight breeze. In the distance they were shooting off fireworks and we had the perfect view. The view from the restaurant is very nice, overlooking the marshes.

The only disappointment was the mosquito bites while we were eating. They were quite bad. If the restaurant could add candles or spray it may alleviate some of the mosquitoes at night.

We tried the seafood chowder, which was very, very good, I had the Maine lobster with 8 shrimp, corn on the cob and coleslaw, and I was not disappointed; my husband tried the surf and turf and was very pleased with that; my daughter tried the lobster mac and cheese and loved it!

Alex was our waitress for the evening and she was so nice. She was very attentive to our needs and was able to answer all our questions about the menu, as it was our first time there.

The restaurant has such a nice atmosphere, especially dining outside. Like I mentioned before, the only negative comment I could make would be the mosquitoes, but you have to expect that when you are dining on the water at night.

We would return to The Lobster Shanty!