“yummy!”

Twining's Lobster Shanty
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wood-Ridge, NJ
“yummy!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I don't care for seafood, but my wife loves it, so we ate here for dinner and had a great experience. The service was top-notch, as was the food. I ordered a burger, and it was the best burger I had all summer! Who knew you could get a burger like that in a seafood place. My wife also loved the seafood. The place has a lot of personality, as did our waitress. It's not cheap, but the 0% sales tax helps ease the pain there. I would eat here again in a second.

Visited September 2012

“Go for the view but stay for the food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

The Lobster Shanty had come highly recommended by a coworker; so when my husband and I wanted a special lunch, we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. We began with a Lobster Bloody Mary, a delicious cocktail with a large chunk of lobster included. We were intrigued by the lobster guacamole ... homemade and delicious. Our entrees were a restaurant specialty -- the lobster roll. It was a plentiful portion of lobster salad tucked in a roll with sides of cole slaw and potato chips. A lovely view of the salt marsh and Ocean City, Md., in the distance, can be viewed from every table.

“Great 1st visit at Twining's Lobster Shanty”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was very crowded, as we expected it to be on Labor Day weekend. We were told there was an hour wait and were in no rush so that was fine. The bar atmosphere was a lot of fun, with great bartenders and very friendly people. The drinks were excellent!

You can dine inside or out and we asked for first available and were lucky enough to sit outside on a wonderful, warm evening with a slight breeze. In the distance they were shooting off fireworks and we had the perfect view. The view from the restaurant is very nice, overlooking the marshes.

The only disappointment was the mosquito bites while we were eating. They were quite bad. If the restaurant could add candles or spray it may alleviate some of the mosquitoes at night.

We tried the seafood chowder, which was very, very good, I had the Maine lobster with 8 shrimp, corn on the cob and coleslaw, and I was not disappointed; my husband tried the surf and turf and was very pleased with that; my daughter tried the lobster mac and cheese and loved it!

Alex was our waitress for the evening and she was so nice. She was very attentive to our needs and was able to answer all our questions about the menu, as it was our first time there.

The restaurant has such a nice atmosphere, especially dining outside. Like I mentioned before, the only negative comment I could make would be the mosquitoes, but you have to expect that when you are dining on the water at night.

We would return to The Lobster Shanty!

• Visited September 2012
Washington, DC
“Off on all that matters”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife and I have been regulars at Lobster Shanty since it opened. We have generally found it be an acceptable beach restaurant having reasonable service with decent food. We had dinner there this past Friday (August 31, 2012) and were very disappointed on a multitude of issues. First the lead hostess was rude and almost insulting, our table was a very poorly lit afterthought likely installed to increase capacity, the waitress was surly and literally threw plates on the table. Our mains arrived well before we were finished with our chowder and she literally grabbed my cup and took off without noting I had a spoon in my hand. Then my lobster roll was tasteless and my wife's seafood sald was mostly fruit with very little seafood. In sum, they were way off on ambiance, service, and food. Will think hard before returning.

• Visited August 2012
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Lobster Patty”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stopped today (Friday, August 31, 2012) for lunch after avoiding the Lobster Shanty for the last 3 months; we remembered a relatively poor, high priced lobster roll from last year. Today's lunch was better but still expensive.

We had lobster patty (think crab patty) sandwiches which were tasty and a change from the usual crab meat. We celebrated the holiday weekend with "Dark and Stormies" (dark rum and ginger beer).. The drinks were served with lots of ice in pint glasses, and they were great on a hot summer day.

The restaurant was about a third full, but service was very slow. Our server seemed capable of doing only one thing at a time. He clearly was never trained to look around at his customers and see if they had needs.

Overall: interesting/okay food, nice location, good drinks but indifferent service and high prices

• Visited August 2012