“poor management and total chaos and a little too late”
Review of Action Watercraft

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Action Watercraft
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We brought three people to jet ski, totaling over $240 ~ not a cheap hour by any means. When we walked in it was total chaos! One family came in only to be told they were over booked and could they wait until later in the day...and then they would need to wait until they could get a jet ski from another location. Fotunately for the workers, the family handled it pretty well. As we leave the building to go to the jet skis they yell out don't forget to tip your guide. We go out to the jet skis, everyone gets on and the guide tells them they need to wait there until they can get another jet ski from another location for a second guide. After all said and done, they did not leave the plateform until 15 minutes into their alloted time. No other employee around but the guides. One mother asked the guide if they would get the full hour. He ignored her and carried on. To my surprise, they returned 45 minutes later, not the hour or even 55 minutes. Another scream of Don't forget to tip the guide...Upon return I walked in the office and asked their policy. I explained to the girls behind the desk what happened and they informed me that they have been having problems with one of the guides; as if that should pacify me enough to leave. As we stood there in awkward silence they finally asked if I would like to speak to a manager. While waiting, the employees called another family to rearrange their times because of scheduling conflicts. I knew I was in trouble then. When the manager arrived, he did not want to hear my side but right away told me they have been on time as he has been running back and forth. I left aggrevated and thought to myself what a gammet. While in the car driving home from jet skiing, we get a call from the manager stating that he does not want us to feel cheated....too late...we did....to come back the following day and he would give us extra time. Too Late again.....the kids were leaving that night to go back for high school. How about a 25% refund? Not a chance. Good luck if you choose this place because chaos and porr managemtn is the only Action your getting with their watercraft.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was told we were going boating for an afternoon, and when we drove in the parking lot, I thought "oh no!! This is the place that gets the terrible reviews!" So my expectations were low. We had a lot of small children with us renting a pontoon boat, and right from the get go I could tell they don't have any customer senses. Why put a jet ski in the middle of the room with two big signs "do not touch" -- why? Just clear it out! And the poor cat there... the second I touched it I recoiled it had so much flea dirt and obviously was flea ridden. We showed up on time at 4:45 as they said we should, to get our jackets and oriented and pay for the boat which we were to rent at 5:00 - - we then waited 25 minutes on the hot dock for it to be returned by someone else and then gassed up. That's where expectations are important. Mine were low, but the guy on the dock "had no idea" when our boat was coming in - they have no one on the water making sure people come back on time or if they are safe or not. I don't know if there is another option than this place, but if there is, take it.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to launch our small scow boat and explore the Delaware bays last weekend. Action Watercraft is at a perfect location so we decided to pay the $20 ramp and parking fee. When we returned at 6pm the ramp was locked and we were told "Sorry we closed at 4pm....didn't you read the sign?" This is coming from the the same guy we paid the $20 to at 1:30pm who conveniently failed to mention that they closed at 4pm. There is a sign outside at the ramp but neither one of us paid attention to it as it is right at the mouth of the ramp. After a back and forth exchange of accusatory statements of us not reading the sign my husband had to drive the to boat to another ramp downtown. We are both from Ocean City and continue to live and work here in management for a company that owns and operates 10 hotels and five restaurants in this town. We know a thing or two about customer service. This guy needs to go back to Hospitality 101 and learn how to talk and communicate to people. Is "Hey don't forget we close today at 4pm" too much to ask?? I was absolutely appalled at his demeanor and self righteous attitude toward us. Rest assured that you will not see this kind of arrogant behavior anywhere else in this town. Stay away from this business as there are plenty more boat rental companies that will bend over backwards for their customers. Not here!

9  Thank heidilodonnell
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am writing this to warn everybody for coming summer vacation. My family spent whole week in the region last summer and rented a platoon boat from this place and the boat was in trouble from the beginning, as gear was slipping out on his own, and the staff had trouble starting. As I was going out the channel, following the boats in the front, our boat got stuck on the underwater sand not far from the dock. I called for help and he wasn’t going to advise me professionally and demanding that I should decide if I want his guy out to pull us or stuck there for entire time of rent. As I was trying to raise the motor to get the boat off from the sand, the gear was kept slipping and with my whole family on board, I couldn’t waste more time so, I told him to send the guy out and as if he was waiting for this, his first word is he will have to charge me for this, and I expected to pay some additional for this. The guy came out 15 minutes later and spent 3 minutes to pull us maybe 10 yard off from the sand. When we came back to dock, an employee who sent us out told me that low tide that afternoon is lowest in record and he was not surprised that we were stuck. But as soon as I was dealing with the owner on the counter, everything went very ugly as he didn’t care about my complaint of the boat being not in good condition and readily tells me that he won't return my $250 deposit for his guy to come out, just less than 1/5 mile from the dock for less than 5 minutes time spent. He was so arrogant that this is the industry standard and asked me to take him to court knowing I am from out of State. Next day, I went over to other boat rental places and they all confirmed that they had exceptionally low tide that day and told me they would not charge that kind of money, if any and reminded me many bad TripAdvisor reviews of this place, and I am adding one more here.

8  Thank ed c
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This past summer I had the pleasure of going to ocean city for the first time in a decade. While down there a bunch of my college buddies convinced me to rent a pontoon boat with them and spend the day out and about on the water. I was given the oh so wonderful task of planning the adventure, as they are all lazy bums, but I took to the internet and looked up different rental places. Action water craft was one of the first on Google and I called them up. The person who picked up the phone was both prompt and pleasant answered all of my questions, and trust me I had a lot of them as I am woefully ignorant about all things boats, and scheduled an appointment for me. When my buddies and I got there, everyone was quite smiley and got us set up and on the pontoon right away. When we came back everything was quite simple, someone was there to help us tie up and told us to stop by the office to finish everything up. I went back in and once again everyone was more than helpful, I had my deposit returned to me no problem and went on my merry way. I would RECOMMEND Action Watercraft to anyone interested in a fun day!