“Gorgeous tour, great guide, worth every penny!”
Review of Coastal Kayak

Coastal Kayak
More attraction details
Owner description: Coastal Kayak is the most experienced rental, tour and instructional business at the beach - since 1994. Coastal Kayak rents kayaks, Stand up paddle boards, and sailboats. They also offer guided kayak & Paddle board tours to all areas of Delmarva including the back bays of Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach and Assateague Island. Coastal Kayak also offers instruction from ACA certified instructors in both kayaking and paddle boarding. In addition CK is a certified "Pro School" of the American Canoe Association. CK has over 125 kayaks, 50 paddle bords and 6 catamaran sailboats all available for rent directly from their bayside beach rental location. Call for hours off season 302.539.7999.
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took the Bald Cypress tour with Todd and loved every minute. Saw a few heron, a few giant turtles and the most beautiful cypress imaginable, with roots like tendrils, rising up out of the water. Kayaked through over two miles of winding water paths. Amazing time, highly recommended. Every staff member we encountered was fantastic as well. :) Can't wait to go back!

3  Thank Hoagy1kanobi

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The beach was lovely and the location was great for our family visit (staying in Ocean City.) We rented kayaks for the hour and really enjoyed it. The price was reasonable as well- $15 per single kayak for the hour. We appreciated that the staff was able to accommodate our group with participants of various sizes without a problem.

2  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed March 7, 2013

There were 8 in my group, only myself had kayaked before.
Very good instructions for beginners.
Great staff.
Good humour.
Very safe location for beginners.

What more can you want?

Highly recommend.

3  Thank Cashbox
Reviewed December 31, 2012

In my desire to have the skills to kayak on the Pocomoke River in Snow Hill, MD in 2010, I was guided to Coastal Kayak to take lessons. Clearly they have one of the best kayak instructors in the area! Mitch was my instructor who taught me the necessary skills (+ some) that I would need to kayak on the river! I was most impressed by his ability to teach and at the same time make learning the instructions fun! In August of 2012 I took a guided Sunset/Moonrise Tour with Coastal Kayak! I was very blessed the tour happen to fall on a Blue Moon! Bob was our excellent guide for the tour which his knowledge and response of the many questions about birds in the area was impressive! That tour is a must do so please reserve your trip now for 2013 for you will not be disappointed! Finally in memory of my mother’s death to cancer in October of 2012, just before Supper Sandy hit our area I kayak down the Pocomoke River for the first time with Coastal Kayak for their Cancer Benefit Paddle! Which I needed to use all the skills Mitch had taught me including the + some! Thanks for the memories! Deshirl Rankins, Salisbury, MD

2  Thank Deshirl R
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We recently bought 2 touring kayaks and have been having a lot of fun with them, but wanted to learn more about the sport. A private lesson with Mitch from Coastal Kayaks was exactly what we needed. We learned a lot, from assisted rescue to proper handling techniques and better ways of turning these 14 foot beasts around. We also had fun, Mitch is an excellent teacher and really knows how to demonstrate what he is teaching so you can understand it. He was also willing to share some good spots to see local wildlife, which we did. Our trip to Dewey Beach was amazing thanks to all we learned at Coastal Kayaks. We also saw them renting sailboats, kayaks and SUPs to a variety of customers, everyone was treated like family, it was great!

3  Thank JeanBikes