Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Review Highlights
Having a good time and a good dive

Thanks for that nice two days of diving. We had a really good time with two very experienced... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Maggus82
Nuremberg, Germany
via mobile
Carlos and Wendy are GREAT

Carlos and wendy are great instructors and help. They provide very thorough training and make sure... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
nicholassC3817IN

Recommended experiences in and around Aruba
from $55.00
from $68.00
from $85.00
from $108.00
More Info
All reviews boat captain lion fish refresher course fun diving diving experience lots of sea life wendy hubert carlos shop safety dove gear crew wreck aruba oranjestad
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2016

My husband and I are relatively new divers, and we did the 3 dive package. It was our first trip to Aruba, and we had no idea what to expect. From the first email I sent asking a bunch of questions to the dive experience itself, Wendy and Carlos were incredibly kind, helpful, and professional. They picked us up at our hotel which saved us time and money. Canicio, Hubert, and the other dive guides were very professional and top notch divers. They are very safety conscious, but know how to have a good time They point out interesting animals and reefs underwater so we don't miss anything. They made us feel at ease and helped when needed. I learned how to be a better diver on this trip, while enjoying the amazing views!!! We will definitely be back, this entire company is so fun, professional, and the ideal company to dive with!!!

2  Thank Ewink456
Reviewed June 17, 2016

This is the second year I have used Mermaid dive center and its the only place I will use while on the island. Very friendly and professional and safe. Last year I was going to use them and I obtained an injury and could't dive so they graciously gave me a credit for this year. They dive the south side of the island which is the best side to dive.

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Did a four day package dive with these wonderful people . Eiight GR E AT dives, wonderful boat, great equipment. Canicio is a GREAT dive master, professional. Made sure everyone was safe and taken care of. Captain Hubert was always there to get us quickly out of the water at the end of the dive. Entire staff and owners are friendly and helpful. I wouldn't dive with anyone else.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed June 14, 2016

Carlos and Wendy are running a quality dive shop. They are focused on safety. As a new open water diver, they made me feel safe on my first open water dives after certification in the US. Once you hit the boat, the captain Hubert makes you smile, such a nice and happy guy. All three dive masters that I dove with are top notch. They watch out for your well being and also point out things you might miss. I cannot say enough good things about Canicio - great dive leader!! He combines safety with fun. I will use Mermaid in all my future dives in Aruba.

Reviewed June 13, 2016

Carlos & Wendy run a great operation with a dedicated & engaging staff. This is a dive operation with character. Most of the things you might read about Carlos in other reviews is true - He & Wendy are committed to running a safe, professional operation, & if divers want to cut corners, go somewhere else.
My wife & I took a refresher course with Wendy, as we hadn't been diving in a while. All of our boat dives were drift dives with Divemasters Canicio & Albert, who were very professional, & pointed out many critters we would never have otherwise seen.
Lionfish have proliferated in the waters of Aruba, for which the Divemasters & sometimes other divers would carry spears. The lionfish would then be either kept to be consumed, or chopped & fed, (spines removed), to lucky eels.
Captain Hubert took care of us well on board the boat, which he operated smoothly, & was helpful with gear.