Review Highlights
Armando’s Kite Shack!!

Aruba is kitesurfing paradise, and there’s no better place to learn than Armando’s. The instructors... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Z175PMjakes
Ferndale, Maryland
via mobile
If you like warm water, this is he place to learn.

Get lessons, lots of lessons, if not bring a floatation device. Aruba is an off shore wind. So if... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2018
LIndyLee52
Sacramento, California

All reviews kite surfing shack armando kiteboard lesson teaching offshore equipment aruba
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

At first I was abit put off by Armando's school because his people do a lot of aggressive stunts close to shore and they get right into your space with aggressive tactics even when it's obvious you are not that good at kitesurfing. But let me tell you, they are the first out in the water with a rescue boat if they see someone in trouble and they are easy going to talk to and hang out with. I plan on returning to Aruba and when I am ready for advanced lessons, these guys have my respect. The stuff they were doing was far beyond anything I have seen, here or in other schools. Good advanced kitesurfing school.

2  Thank dracop9
Reviewed February 16, 2014

At 68, I've vacillated about trying kite surfing. Back,knees,vision etc. aren't what they used to be. While in Aruba this week, luckily hooked up with Armando and his outstanding staff at Armando's Kite Shack. www.kitesurfingaruba.com I signed up for a beginner lesson which was one hour on land learning basic kite handling, then one hour in water learning safety,kite retrieval,body dragging.Very thorough instructions with full safety and knowledge in easy steps. LOVED IT! Only regret was I didn't have more days and time to take added lessons that would take me to actual ski board in water and surfing waves.. They correctly set these added lessons in progression. I investigated others on other islands over the years. These are the best. Perfect conditions always with one on one help and dedicated rescue craft there. I am hooked! Awesome experiences to follow. No physical issues at all, just heart pumping expectations to be realized. Try them and love the lift.

Date of experience: February 2014
2  Thank avi514
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Aruba is different from many kitesurfing venues in that the wind is offshore and it is near tall hotels. Both of these need to be taken into account for safe kiting. The later results in the wind being rather puffy. A beginner kiter that goes downwind ends up further and further out to sea. The kiting area is shallow so the instructor and student can stand in much of the area and walk back to the beach. The downside is that stinging by some algae is possible, similar to the sting of a nettle but more persistent. If necessary a launch can pick up and bring you back to shore. The instruction was excellent and as good as I have received anywhere. Instruction was cheaper than in many areas I have visited.

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Armando, Jana, EZ, Yuris all really know what they are doing, can transfer the knowledge effectively, and are very safety conscious. We met people from all over the world and had a really great time in addition to the kitesurfing. They are the best!!

It takes some people longer than others to get up and riding. My son (27) very quick. Me (59) not as quick but now i am up and riding and it is a blast! That was the objective for this year's trip to Aruba and the mission was accomplished! Riding is a fantastic experience as you skim along the water. I can't wait until next year and we just got back home!

Date of experience: December 2013
2  Thank Kiteguy
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've been going to Aruba for 22 years and Armondo is the real deal. A kind smile a warm heart and top of the line kitesurfing lessons for people on every level.

It's great to sit on the beach with Armondo and meet people from all over the world who come just for the kitesurfing.

So if it's your first lesson or you want to hone your skills on an advanced level with nice people in one of the most beautiful kitsurfing settings in the world... This is it! :)

Date of experience: November 2013