“never go to blue village in aruba”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aruba Blue Village

Aruba Blue Village
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Noord
Oranjestad, null, Aruba
“never go to blue village in aruba”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm a local and they treat me and my family like a thief and told me to save energy and water. Turn lights off . They don't allow you to cook in the room or eat or bring food in the room.
I booked for 6 nights and I stayed for 4 nights. they are un friendly .........
the service was bad, they don't clean the room, you can not receive visitors. They accuse me for breaking things in the room which it was not true.
Since day one, they didn't want to gave my deposit back so we left leaving the money of deposit and from the 2 night. I am going to the minister of tourist. please share with others this message.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Janitza A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Aruba Blue Village (ABV) and will never stay here again. Which negative point to begin with, there are so many...

1. Let's start with location. It sucks. Their website shows beach pictures, but the ABV is in a residential neighborhood about a mile from the beach. One day I walked to Eagle Beach, the nearest, and it took about 30 minutes, each way. Also the bar/restaurant at the ABV is only open in the afternoon (as is the excellent and completely unassociated restaurant next door to the ABV) so forget about getting breakfast here. Nearest store is a 20-minute walk away. The lack of amenities and isolation of this place make you feel like you are being held hostage.

2. The room. My room, had a "double" bed which consisted of two homemade wooden cots that had been shoved together. The old sheet and thin bed spread were too small to cover this contraption so you spend the whole night trying to arrange the bedding so it covers you. The lighting in the room was such low wattage you could barely see. The "reading light" clamped to the head of the bed was too dim to actually read by. I had to use the flashlight app in my iPhone to read at night. The room came with only two extremely linty towels and no soap.

3. Service. Ha! I stayed four nights and they never cleaned the room or bathroom. They did come in one day to remove one of the two towels I had. I guess they thought two towels for four days was too extravagant.

4. Staff. For some reason, the staff treats you like you are trying to rip them off. I paid for my room ahead of time, so I'm not sure how that would be possible, just part of their hospitality, I guess. When I checked out, they dashed to my room to make sure I had not trashed it (I'm a 50-year old teacher) before they would let me leave. Very insulting. Also, I ate dinner there one night with some friends. We ate, paid the bill, and left. The next day, the woman came up to me and said I had not paid for four beers. Huh?? I protested but since I did not have a bill ( we just told them what we had had when we paid the night before) I had no defense, so had to pay AGAIN, for the beers. To top it off when I went to the airport they called a "cab". The "cab" was an unmetered van driven by one of their relatives who charged me a flat rate that was more than a cab would have cost.

Avoid this place. You come to Aruba to relax and enjoy the beach and to be treated well. None of this is possible at the Aruba Blue Village.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
14 Thank SK5813

Travelers are raving about these Noord hotels

Vegarshei Municipality, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Aruba is a very expensive place, and if you are a single traveller, like me, you usually have to pay for the number of beds in the room at your hotel. And most rooms has at least two beds. The only place I could find, where I only paid for one person, even if I had a doubble room, was at Blue Village. And I loved it! Nice pools, restaurant, a little shop and a friendly atmosphere.
Nearby there where shops and different kind of places to eat and drink. The Eagle Beach was like a twenty minutes walk away, and from the beach there where buses to go to Oranjestad or so. Security where present at night, and that might be the reason why it was so peaceful every night, during my two weeks stay. If I ever go back to the happy iland of Aruba, I will stay at Blue Village, -no doubt about that!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Ruth L
minnesota/usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

nice clean small sized aruba resort....polite and friendly staff....a very good bang for your buck....good idea to get yourself a rental car when staying here, but that's a good idea just in itself in order to see the island, taxi rates have become a poor value...blue village has 2 very well kept swimming pools......a well lit up parking area with security.....good showers with good water pressure.....very clean housekeeping.....mini kitchen and close to grocery stores.....a small full bar and eating area that serves several dishes and again at a good value.
My stay was for 1 month and felt very much at home......if you prefer a smaller sized resort over some of the giants at a fraction of that cost then give the blue village a try... i enjoyed my stay.....be kind to others and the favor will be returned.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dadx2
w
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

was a nice place very quiet for some good rest not alot of activities but its good for peace and quiet. you have 2 different pools to choose from, theres a small bar and restaurant u can buy nice hamburgers or small food and something to drink. went to the beach some days was pretty hot but nice beaches clean and white sand. theres not so much rooms there. id go back if i ever go to aruba again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Daniel V
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was a bit hesitant to check in in this hotel because i've read several negative reviews but since i dont have enough budget for bigger and nice hotels, i decided to give Blue Village a try. The first impression was good... they welcome you simply but with smile. Hostess was very approachable and nice! The room is also clean..... but i was amazed at the pool. It was so crystal clear...... I surely will go back and recommend this hotel once more.

Charles

Room Tip: rooms on the right side are nice especially in the morning. It is not hot in the patio
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank charles m
Elmira, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

First off this was our second trip to Aruba, we were traveling for a wedding and we were supposed to stay with a friend. She ended up moving home not long before the wedding so we only had a limited budget to book a place and The Aruba Blue Village and the Quality Inn were our choices. (I guess the quality inn is on the beach and much nicer)

We book through our a third party (in Texas) that was referred to us by the "Aruba Blue Village" website. It was designated as their booking service for US guests. We had to pay 300+ up front for the reservation and then the remainder when we arrived. Well when we arrived there was no reservation in our name and a quick Skype call to the booking agency in Texas where she absolutely insisted that she did reserve a room for us. The woman was flat out lying because we had never actually received a reservation with a confirmation number although other people traveling with us did. (I had called before we left the states to inquire why we didn't have a reservation number and she stated that it was all taken care of blah blah.) So long story short we didn't have a room. I guess we were some lucky that they did have space available but we had to pay more than expected.

This place apparently does "monthly rates" like a highway motel...see where this is going?! So our room was in a courtyard that opened up to a pool, seemed nice. until we stepped in. We had a broken toilet, I used the microwave and all the power in the room went and it took 2 hours for them to "turn it on". We had a lizard staying with us and our bed was barely better than two military cots pushed together and called a queen sized bed. We were only allowed 1 towel per person as well as 1 pillow per person. There was not daily room cleanings, no safe, and the lamp in the room was direct wired into an outlet that was just affixed to the wall, no cover, no shielding, no nothing. just bare wires ready to zap some fool. This place was located at the end of a dirt road and to find it we had to ask locals at a dunkin doughnuts for which they graciously had us follow them to it. It was NOWHERE NEAR at the beach. there was no such thing as waking up and walking there. It was a 5 minute car ride every time. (their website has pictures of the beach all over the place.)
One night we were kept up till near two am by a birthday party held by the owner and family and they play Engrish birthday songs ALL night. It was funny at first but got annoying. Several days throughout there was loud music blasting for hours on end. Also in Engrish, listening to Bruce Springsteen sung by an asian man who speaks poor english is not entertaining.

I could go on but I plead with everyone who reads this, don't stay there. Your going to Aruba which means you want to be on the beach all the time. This is not a place to stay if you are taking a vacation to, ever. Maybe if you wanted to go to school there...but never as a place to vacation to.

Oh did I mention I car was infested with little cock roaches! Every time the sun went down and we wanted to climb in, they would scurry away. We first discovered them when we left our leftover pizza in the car for two hours and when our friends in the back went to eat some they got quite a surprise! The car was rented I think was named (Aruba Super Car) or something like that.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. If your on a budget try the Quality Inn, at least its on the beach and I hear it...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Michael B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,864 reviews
Coconut Inn
Coconut Inn
#4 of 4 in Noord

Been to Aruba Blue Village? Share your experiences!