“Really a pleasant surprise”
Review of Barney's

Barney's
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Caribbean, Dutch, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bedrock has finally arrived on Aruba with the introduction of Barney’s Bar & Restaurant. Owners Eline & Ron Huijbers introduced this unique style of Barney Rubble style of dining with Flintstone sized portions and great prices. The menu is absolutely fun! Starting with Pebbles Favorite tomato soup, Bronto Saures Ribs, Yabadabadushi Parmesan Groupie , Hang over your plate Snitzel and ends with a Dutch Tompush. Not even to mention the great Kid Menu there is. It`s Food and Fun for Everyone !
Rockville, Maryland
“Really a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our first night in Aruba so we hadn't really scouted out the options. I was skeptical of any Flintstones themed restaurant - and would still suggest they reconsider their branding - but the food was really good and the portions were huge. I had grouper pan-fried in parmesan cheese, mustard, and mayonnaise, which was outstanding but probably a week's worth of calories. My son had the THREE FULL racks of ribs which, absent a couple we forced him to share, he ate in entirety (I'm NOT saying the portion was small). The ribs were very tender and flavorful; for the small difference in price I would suggest ordering the full three racks and just taking home whatever you don't finish (unless you're an 18 year-old boy - then just keep eating). The calamari was great, and daughter liked her seafood pasta (although I found the sauce a bit heavy). The service here is really friendly, and there was a guy playing guitar and singing in the back.

• Visited August 2013

Syosset, New York, United States
“Wow”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Awesome food, huge portions.
Great service.
Went twice on our vacation.
All you can eat ribs on Thursday night. Got TWO full racks. Yes took back leftovers.
Family owned and operated. Eline and Ron are down to earth and work their tails off.
A must on my return trip

• Visited July 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Good local food at a great price”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I were looking for local cuisine on the final night of our honeymoon, that wouldn't break the bank. We were lucky enough to choose Barney's and we had a great meal! We had been buying bottles of wine all week and decided to bring a bottle- hoping a corkage fee would be worth the cost. $4 corkage fee was awesome! We both got plenty of food and both entrees came with veggies and a side (he got 2 racks of ribs and I had the almond crusted grouper.
I had read reviews about the service and I would say that service was a little slow only because we had two different ladies serving us through out the night.
There was also piano music played while we were there, making it a nice romantic finale to our trip.

• Visited August 2013
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Awesome Food!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The restaurant is a little off the beaten track but the food is amazing and the service is top notch. Make the trip it's totally worth it!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank muttsie1210
Westwood, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Was heading to a different restaurant, but lucky it was closed and ended up at Barney's instead. As we enter we found it charming and staff inviting. the Food was outstanding as I had the grouper prepared French Style. Needless to say it was cooked perfectly.

I will definitely be coming back to Barney's.

Visited July 2013