“Love at first bite”

"Anna-Maria's Autentico Ristorante Italiano".
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Love at first bite”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is our first time visiting Aruba and when a friend suggested dining at Anna Maria's , we didn't object. It was hard to find this culinary gem at first because there was no address or house number. When we eventually found it, we were shocked. Not only was the house gorgeous, so was the backyard. A waiter led us to the backyard dining room and all of our jaws dropped! It was magnificent! I took a look at the menu and I had trouble picking an entrée because everything sounded delicious. We ordered bruschetta, an eggplant dish, and caprese salad for appetizers. The caprese salad was one of the best things I've ever had! After lots of thought about it, I ended up ordering meatballs served with rigatoni and fresh basil. This dish was superb! The meatballs were excellent and not too heavy! The sauce was succulent and rich with a deep tomato flavor and the pasta tasted so fresh! I was so full after this, but I couldn't pass up the chance for real, authentic, fresh tiramisu! The tiramisu was incredible, so smooth,velvety and rich! The staff were so kind and friendly, very helpful too! After we paid our bill, our waiter took us inside the couple's home and into the kitchen where the owners were cooking! The owner thanked us for coming and was extremely pleasant and friendly. He gave us his card and suggested that the next time we were in town to give him a call so he could make us a reservation. This was one of the best meals I've ever had!

New York City, New York
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went to Anna Maria's the other night after many people recommended it and it did not disappoint! We have been coming to Aruba for many years and this was by far one of the best meals we had here! Our waiter Jean Pierre was amazing! He was friendly, made great recommendations and brought us into the kitchen after our meal to meet the owners, who were both super friendly. Overall this was a great experience and we cannot wait to go back again!

“Surreal Experience”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Simply, the most intimate, pleasurable, delicious dining experience ever! Literally housed in a husband and wife's home, Chris and Anna Maria, they take great care to leave a lasting impression. The only disappointment is that all future Italian meals will only be a let down compared to what you ate at Anna Maria's.

Listening to the waiter read aloud the specials, it was like he had Spock-like mind control to know what I would my ideal list would be. Make sure you share because there's so much to enjoy. I had the most unbelievable lasagna and shared a lobster and linguini dish. Almost too full too breath, I somehow was able to wrestle away some unreal homemade cannoli from my wife. She's still not speaking to me but it was worth it.

Absolutely a must and we'll never come back to Aruba unless we're able to get a reservation in advance!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jeff G
Long Island, NY
“Great Italian”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Every year we come and it are never disappointed. Just like the previous 2 times, I had the lasagna because I love it so much. It's very different and not heavy at all. If you're looking for a quick meal, this isn't the place. Everything is homemade and prepared fresh. Take your time and enjoy the food.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Surprising Jewel (if you can find it)”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

It doesn't have a sign, or even a website. But if you can find this intimate restaurant you will enjoy a relaxed dining experience unlike any other in Aruba. Located in the owner's home, dinner is served on a patio reminiscent of a mansion on the Amalfi coast, Mix a Sicilian woman, an Aruban man, and their Peruvian roots for delicious combinations of mostly pasta, fish and fresh vegetables. And don't forget the seven-liquor sangria.