“Absolutely amazing! Our new favorite!”

"Anna-Maria's Autentico Ristorante Italiano".
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We go to Aruba 3 times a year. We heard about this restaurant in the airport on our last visit. We made a reservation online and were confirmed promptly back by Chris the owner. We arrived to a beautiful gated home and were let in. Fresh bread and olive oil cheese for dipping. We had 4 courses and they were timed perfectly! Everything was done to order and perfect. The owner Chris came around to every table and checked on them, nice touch. I own an Italian restaurant in Ogunquit Maine and know first hand how much hard work and passion goes into this. Chris, you, your staff, and wife do an amazing job, don't ever let anyone make you think otherwise. Until our next visit.

2  Thank angelinaogt

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Anna Maria's was recommended by our resort concierge. Our taxi driver knew how to get there otherwise I'm not sure we would have found it! I did not notice a sign out front of the home denoting it as Anna Maria's, but we found it! There was another taxi with people in front of the restaurant waiting for an answer at the gate but apparently the buzzer wasn't working properly. After several minutes of wondering if we were in the right place, a kind gentleman answered and escorted us around back to the seating area. It was a beautifully decorated partly covered courtyard with just 5 tables arranged. Chris, one of the owners, covered all the tables very well. He worked extremely hard to keep everyone satisfied! Our first course was a Caprese salad, which was absolutely delicious! The mozz and tomatoes were so fresh and flavorful! My wife had a spinach ravioli dish with red sauce and I had the carbonara. I tasted the red sauce which was very delicious and different, with what Anna Maria said was a touch more sugar. It's apparently a subtle difference in the Sicilian style which was a refreshing change from our usual Italian restaurants in New York. My carbonara was a touch salty and peppery, but again, perhaps a stylistic difference from what we're accustomed to back home. I can say every ingredient served tasted extremely fresh and was prepared beautifully! I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested, although I may continue trying other places before returning. This is only because Aruba has some of the best restaurants I've ever been to, nothing against Anna Maria's!

It's priced very similarly to other top notch restaurants on the island, which is about 25-30% higher than typical mainland restaurants. Everything is imported, so costs must reflect the transportation costs, from wine to dairy to meats.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My sister, brother-in-law and husband visited Anna Maria's for the first time this year!! WOW - what an amazing restaurant!! They have opened up their home and have a small outdoor restaurant on their back patio. We REALLY felt as if they had an invited us for dinner. The food is amazing - in fact my husband ordered lasagna which they had run out of (what does that say about the dish) and asked him if he could wait 15 minutes and they would make some for him. Well it was WORTH the wait!!! They also make an AMAZING Sangaria!! Everyone loved their meal including dessert!!! We look forward to going back next year!!

Thank you to Chris, his wife and staff for a very memorable evening in ARUBA - your friends from Memphis, TN and New Hampshire.....

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Being Italian Americans with a a true sense of what Italian food should be, we normally do not visit Italian restaurants when visiting Aruba. However, Anna- Maria's was recommended to us and we thought the food was wonderful. Although, when we pulled up at front of the restaurant, you would never know your were at... a restaurant. As a matter of fact, we thought the cab driver dropped us off in the middle of a residential area where there was no sign that a business was in the area. Just as we thought that we were abandoned on a lonely dark Aruba street, a very nice lady across the street informed us that we had to ring the bell at the house to be let into the restaurant. We rang the buzzer and a gentleman all dressed in white answered the door and asked us what time our reservation was. He turned out to be our waiter John Pierre. We were escorted to the backyard of the house/ restaurant, where there are only 12 tables set up for patrons. I ordered a pasta and shrimp dish which was absolutely wonderful. It was made with a light red sauce, capers and was made with a little spicy kick to it. The waiter made it a point to ask me how spicy I wanted my food on a scale of 1-10. Our friend ordered lasagna which is prepared to order and in an individual portion, not from a large pre-prepared tray. Our friend could not be happier with his choice of lasagna. The owners Anna Maria and her husband Chris were wonderful hosts, visiting our table and treating us to an after dinner drink. The only disappointment to me was the bread on the table (not a crispy/crusty bread) and the fact that the Linguini with Carbonara sauce was made with bacon instead of panchetta. Otherwise a great and extra unordinary dining experience. We would recommend Anna-Maria's on your next trip to Aruba.
Ron & Roseann Naldi
Franklin, NJ

1  Thank ronnaldi
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As long time visitors and time share owners we tried Anna Marie's after many cab drivers suggested...We called and made a reservation,,however when we arrived we were told there was no reservation under this name. Now we were told this place is very hard to find so we were sure to make a resv..Anyway the owner was nice enough to allow us in....The food was very slow coming out but we were patient..When the food did arrive we were all disappointed,,,undercooked,,overcooked,,to cold to hot to dry to wet...everything that could be wrong was...however we are good sports and didn't complain,,,we didn't eat much but we didn't complain..We all laughed as if we were at a comedy club.....Now for the kicker..as we were drinking the coffee the owner asked us to leave because the dog had to be let out to do his business...We all fell off our chairs with laughter...I wonder what response the owner will have to this review,,,and we all are Sicilians...Ha Ha,,its still funny,,,go for the show not the food

3  Thank ItalianGuy11
Saponara, Owner at "Anna-Maria's Autentico Ristorante Italiano"., responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Italianguy11,

Here’s my response to your comments:

You have never visited our establishment!
What you’re doing is wasting your energy in trying a conspiracy theory against us which you will never succeed in doing.

We have two 3 year old Maltese babies which are in our living room that has become their space since we got them from the breeder in Florida. This space is 36 sq. meters and in there they have they’re own space to do their business when they can’t be led out.

Gino & Steffi are waiting, ready for me to take them out as soon as I’m done in the kitchen, not for them to do their business necessarily but mainly to get my attention and to catch some fresh air while I take them out “upfront” and never in the back where our dinning area is located, with or without guests as we never let them out on the back patio anyway, this not even during the day, so you are giving false information about me asking you to leave and obvious also about our food.

My advice: Give it up! You will not accomplish what you are hoping for.
90% of our business is based on repeat costumers that are repeatedly coming back and they come back every time they’re on the Island, many of them more than once for all the reasons you haven’t mention in your fake review.

Last, you wished you were Sicilian! Italian maybe but definitely not Sicilian.
Sicilians, both man and women are hard working people with pride and integrity which behave like true people and not like cowards!
Have fun.