“hospitality at its best”
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
Ranked #4 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Noord
simcoe
“hospitality at its best”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Recently my sister and I had the pleasure of travelling to fabulous Aruba and chose My Aruban
Home as our accommodation. This was the best decision ever from the moment we met Robert
at the airport to our time of departure. Our apartment was immaculate and fully equipped with
every appliance invented and a few other perks which I will leave as a surprise for you when you
visit! The attentive service always given with a warm smile and interesting conversation made us
feel as if we have known Robert and Judith forever. Do not hesitate to choose My Aruban Home
It rivals any 5 star resort in many ways.

Pat and Denise from Ontario

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank snow08simcoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hartford, Vermont
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We just returned from a wonderful, relaxing week at My Aruban Home. Robert and Judith are wonderful hosts and will go out of their way to meet your needs. We enjoyed the home like atmosphere and spent most of our time in the outdoor areas they provide. As others have said, you will be picked up at the airport then taken to a great Dutch supermarket to pick up groceries. Robert gave us a quick tour of the area pointing out restaurants and good snorkeling areas Upon our arrival, we found drinks in the refrigerator as well as wine and a vase of flowers. We used the bikes, snorkeling gear, beach chairs and Robert's jeep. The apartment has just about anything you need- a well stocked kitchen, beach towels, hair dryer, ironing board and iron and even the use of a cell phone. The location is in a nice neighborhood but within walking distance to the beach. We did have the jeep which enabled us to go all over the island but a vehicle is not necessary.I would recommend My Aruban Home to anyone who wants a vacation where you feel more like a local and family member rather than a tourist. I plan on returning next year for a month.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 647DianeR
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed the month, very comfortable, clean, good location, felt like home. Robert, Judith and Cheka were all wonderful, truly like family. Safe location, we rented a car, even though we love to walk, but like to Casino hop in the evening. Looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susan F
Cincinnati
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The owners said they would pick us up at the airport when our plane landed and Judith was right on time. This was a bonus and saved us having to deal with taxis since we weren't renting a car. She also took us for groceries which was very helpful. Robert was away during our stay so we only met Judith. She was delightful, friendly, and very helpful. Our apartment had a full kitchen, living room with TV, bedroom with TV and lots of storage space, a large modern bathroom that had a large mirror that was well lit, and it was all super clean. The housekeeper was constantly cleaning and mopping the patio areas. There was a safe in our bedroom plus a vase of fresh flowers. Judith had provided a bottle of wine, some sodas, and a couple bottles of the local beer upon our arrival. Towels were exchanged anytime we asked. The property is located one block inland form the Ritz Carlton and the Marriott as well as the beaches. It was an easy walk to several restaurants along the beach. We also became quite familiar with everything on the north end of the island. The bus stop was near the Marriott, and it was a fast and easy trip down to the city or any other place along that side of the island. The property location was very quiet. We never heard the others staying there. My Aruban Home will be our first choice of places to stay when we go back to Aruba in two years.

Room Tip: The apartment was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TriStateGirl
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Having never ever written a review (really and truly), I am making this one time exception for My Aruban Home and new friend, Richard (along with his wife Judith, whom unfortunately I did not get the chance to meet because she was overseas visiting her grand-children). It has been 3 months since I stayed at this wonderful domain, this is because I've been busy traveling with work, but I promised Richard I would, and so here it is. I wanted and needed to let you, the regaling review readers, know that Richard and his cute, quaint, cozy, quiet and most important, private abode is THE PLACE to stay in Aruba, hands down!! All of us have our choices of staying at these beautiful hotels or resorts right along the beach, which is what I have been normally doing for over 25 yrs, but I guarantee you, you will not get the hospitality, service and innate kindness and generosity that Richard gives and offers to those who have stayed at his unique home. As a starter, when he or his wife picks you up from the airport, they first ask you if you'd like to go to the supermarket to get your "supplies" for the week(s). If not then, you just let them know and they'll take you as many times as you need, or perhaps they'll even let you use their car, truly exceptional! As you enter your new home/room, your greeted with some wonderful and unexpected surprises (hopefully you'll experience these once you've made My Aruban Home your (best) choice!). In one of the most unique and almost incredulous opportunities, they'll let you use one of their vehicles for going to the beach for a day or cruising the island and/or going out to lunch or dinner. I know your asking yourself, REALLY???...yes, REALLY!!!, unbelievably so,,,I mean, what more can you ask for? As an added bonus, the room/location where I stayed, had its own recreation area, like a small backyard, it was AWESOME! And lastly, they also had bikes for you to use, not rent, which I took full advantage of everyday where I would go to different beaches on the island...one day, the bike that I was riding got a flat tire before I left, and Richard let me use his own $2000 bike, now you tell me, what owner would go to that length? My family are from the Caribbean and I personally have been to over 20 Caribbean islands (plus my father and mother owned a condo on St. Maarten for 12 yrs), not only is Aruba an incredible, beautiful and fabulous island with all of the out-of-this-world beaches, but we all know that the place where we lay our head down at night, makes the vacation all the more perfect, right? So, before you go reading more and more reviews about other hotels, resorts, apartments, etc. read no further, My Aruban Home, honestly, genuinely and sincerely does become "Your own" Aruban Home...naturally!!!

Mark,
New York City

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank mark t
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Even though we arrived in Aruba a few hours late, Judy and her sister were there waiting patiently at the airport to pick us up and take us back to " My Aruban Home". They gave us such a warm welcome that we felt at home immediately and over the course of our 2 week holiday, we became great friends. My Aruban Home had everything we wanted for our stay. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and fully equipped with everything that we needed to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. This was a special holiday to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and Judy and her sister succeeded in making the holiday and the actual day itself very special indeed. To our surprise they'd made breakfast for us in the courtyard complete with a cake, candles and balloons. Judy even arranged a special table for us on the terrace of El Faro restaurant so we could watch the sun go down whilst we enjoyed some great food and wine. Nothing was too much trouble for Judy, she even took us on a tour around the island so that we could get our bearings. If we needed anything she was there but equally she did not invade our privacy when we wanted to be on our own. We took full advantage of all of the facilities that were available at My Aruban Home including using the bicycles, beach towels and snorkeling gear. The accommodation is a short walk from the high rise hotel area and beaches so we found no need to take taxis either in the day or night. Even though the street lighting in Aruba isn't great we had no problems walking back home at any time. Even at midnight we felt perfectly safe and didn't see any sign of trouble anywhere we went. Without exception, we found the Aruban people to be warm, friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Robbie as he was away visiting family but I'm sure we'll get to meet him when we visit again. Thank you Judy for making our holiday so special x

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yenby
Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Owner Judith picked us up at the airport, gave us a quick tour to the lighthouse and then took us to a very large, modern supermarket so we could stock up for the week. Since we did not have a car the first day, she drove us to a nearby restaurant the first evening. She also provided us with a phone. The Value rental car she arranged for us was fine. We did not get a chance to meet her husband Robert who was in Europe vising their daughter and grandkids. My Aruban Home rental units were added to the owners actual house about six or seven years ago. Our apartment was small,but very clean. The bed was comfortable. All the appliances were modern. Everything worked. The walk to the Ritz Carlton and Marriott beach is about 15 minutes. The residential neighborhood felt safe. We could definitely see coming back here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
#16 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to My Aruban Home? Share your experiences!