“I'll be back next year”
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
Ranked #4 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Noord
Hartford, Vermont
“I'll be back next year”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We just returned from a wonderful, relaxing week at My Aruban Home. Robert and Judith are wonderful hosts and will go out of their way to meet your needs. We enjoyed the home like atmosphere and spent most of our time in the outdoor areas they provide. As others have said, you will be picked up at the airport then taken to a great Dutch supermarket to pick up groceries. Robert gave us a quick tour of the area pointing out restaurants and good snorkeling areas Upon our arrival, we found drinks in the refrigerator as well as wine and a vase of flowers. We used the bikes, snorkeling gear, beach chairs and Robert's jeep. The apartment has just about anything you need- a well stocked kitchen, beach towels, hair dryer, ironing board and iron and even the use of a cell phone. The location is in a nice neighborhood but within walking distance to the beach. We did have the jeep which enabled us to go all over the island but a vehicle is not necessary.I would recommend My Aruban Home to anyone who wants a vacation where you feel more like a local and family member rather than a tourist. I plan on returning next year for a month.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 647DianeR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed the month, very comfortable, clean, good location, felt like home. Robert, Judith and Cheka were all wonderful, truly like family. Safe location, we rented a car, even though we love to walk, but like to Casino hop in the evening. Looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susan F
Cincinnati
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The owners said they would pick us up at the airport when our plane landed and Judith was right on time. This was a bonus and saved us having to deal with taxis since we weren't renting a car. She also took us for groceries which was very helpful. Robert was away during our stay so we only met Judith. She was delightful, friendly, and very helpful. Our apartment had a full kitchen, living room with TV, bedroom with TV and lots of storage space, a large modern bathroom that had a large mirror that was well lit, and it was all super clean. The housekeeper was constantly cleaning and mopping the patio areas. There was a safe in our bedroom plus a vase of fresh flowers. Judith had provided a bottle of wine, some sodas, and a couple bottles of the local beer upon our arrival. Towels were exchanged anytime we asked. The property is located one block inland form the Ritz Carlton and the Marriott as well as the beaches. It was an easy walk to several restaurants along the beach. We also became quite familiar with everything on the north end of the island. The bus stop was near the Marriott, and it was a fast and easy trip down to the city or any other place along that side of the island. The property location was very quiet. We never heard the others staying there. My Aruban Home will be our first choice of places to stay when we go back to Aruba in two years.

Room Tip: The apartment was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TriStateGirl
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Having never ever written a review (really and truly), I am making this one time exception for My Aruban Home and new friend, Richard (along with his wife Judith, whom unfortunately I did not get the chance to meet because she was overseas visiting her grand-children). It has been 3 months since I stayed at this wonderful domain, this is because I've been busy traveling with work, but I promised Richard I would, and so here it is. I wanted and needed to let you, the regaling review readers, know that Richard and his cute, quaint, cozy, quiet and most important, private abode is THE PLACE to stay in Aruba, hands down!! All of us have our choices of staying at these beautiful hotels or resorts right along the beach, which is what I have been normally doing for over 25 yrs, but I guarantee you, you will not get the hospitality, service and innate kindness and generosity that Richard gives and offers to those who have stayed at his unique home. As a starter, when he or his wife picks you up from the airport, they first ask you if you'd like to go to the supermarket to get your "supplies" for the week(s). If not then, you just let them know and they'll take you as many times as you need, or perhaps they'll even let you use their car, truly exceptional! As you enter your new home/room, your greeted with some wonderful and unexpected surprises (hopefully you'll experience these once you've made My Aruban Home your (best) choice!). In one of the most unique and almost incredulous opportunities, they'll let you use one of their vehicles for going to the beach for a day or cruising the island and/or going out to lunch or dinner. I know your asking yourself, REALLY???...yes, REALLY!!!, unbelievably so,,,I mean, what more can you ask for? As an added bonus, the room/location where I stayed, had its own recreation area, like a small backyard, it was AWESOME! And lastly, they also had bikes for you to use, not rent, which I took full advantage of everyday where I would go to different beaches on the island...one day, the bike that I was riding got a flat tire before I left, and Richard let me use his own $2000 bike, now you tell me, what owner would go to that length? My family are from the Caribbean and I personally have been to over 20 Caribbean islands (plus my father and mother owned a condo on St. Maarten for 12 yrs), not only is Aruba an incredible, beautiful and fabulous island with all of the out-of-this-world beaches, but we all know that the place where we lay our head down at night, makes the vacation all the more perfect, right? So, before you go reading more and more reviews about other hotels, resorts, apartments, etc. read no further, My Aruban Home, honestly, genuinely and sincerely does become "Your own" Aruban Home...naturally!!!

Mark,
New York City

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank mark t
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Even though we arrived in Aruba a few hours late, Judy and her sister were there waiting patiently at the airport to pick us up and take us back to " My Aruban Home". They gave us such a warm welcome that we felt at home immediately and over the course of our 2 week holiday, we became great friends. My Aruban Home had everything we wanted for our stay. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and fully equipped with everything that we needed to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. This was a special holiday to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and Judy and her sister succeeded in making the holiday and the actual day itself very special indeed. To our surprise they'd made breakfast for us in the courtyard complete with a cake, candles and balloons. Judy even arranged a special table for us on the terrace of El Faro restaurant so we could watch the sun go down whilst we enjoyed some great food and wine. Nothing was too much trouble for Judy, she even took us on a tour around the island so that we could get our bearings. If we needed anything she was there but equally she did not invade our privacy when we wanted to be on our own. We took full advantage of all of the facilities that were available at My Aruban Home including using the bicycles, beach towels and snorkeling gear. The accommodation is a short walk from the high rise hotel area and beaches so we found no need to take taxis either in the day or night. Even though the street lighting in Aruba isn't great we had no problems walking back home at any time. Even at midnight we felt perfectly safe and didn't see any sign of trouble anywhere we went. Without exception, we found the Aruban people to be warm, friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Robbie as he was away visiting family but I'm sure we'll get to meet him when we visit again. Thank you Judy for making our holiday so special x

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yenby
Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Owner Judith picked us up at the airport, gave us a quick tour to the lighthouse and then took us to a very large, modern supermarket so we could stock up for the week. Since we did not have a car the first day, she drove us to a nearby restaurant the first evening. She also provided us with a phone. The Value rental car she arranged for us was fine. We did not get a chance to meet her husband Robert who was in Europe vising their daughter and grandkids. My Aruban Home rental units were added to the owners actual house about six or seven years ago. Our apartment was small,but very clean. The bed was comfortable. All the appliances were modern. Everything worked. The walk to the Ritz Carlton and Marriott beach is about 15 minutes. The residential neighborhood felt safe. We could definitely see coming back here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This place is awesome, and I'll try to be brief and list helpful info. I've never written a tripadvisor review, but I had to for My Aruban Home. The whole "treats you like friends/family" theme was true. In summary, a 5-7 minute walk to the beach from their home, and it was so much better (and cheaper) than a hotel room. Judith (wife) was amazing. Robert (husband) was out of town. While this review is most helpful for a family with kids, it all also applies to an individual or couple.

Things we (me, my wife, and two daughters, age 7 and 10) enjoyed-- Pick up from airport...Judith drop off and wait for our grocery shopping...tour of parts of island on the way home...beautiful rooms to stay in...free drinks in fridge...free wine on countertop...free (get the theme??) snorkel equipment to use... free laundry machines to use... free grill I loved using to grill food in their little guest back yard area...buy charcoal at the store if you want to grill...gifts for our daughters for XMAS from Judith...nice beds, kitchen, cable TVs, baths, etc...we rented two rooms, one larger one for me and my wife, and a smaller one for the girls. My younger daughter often slept on the sofa int he big room with a kitchen.

Enjoy the home away from home feel...and be sure to rent a car. IF you can drive a stick, they have one for you to rent for cheaper than the market...but it was a stick, which I can't drive. Well Judith drove us (for free, as you know by now) to the car rental spot, after calling to find who had a car to rent on Dec 23rd!! For the next 4 days, we then explored the whole island, with Baby Beach being the best for kids...we went all over the island (eagle Beach, national park caves, snorkeling many places, city where cruise ships dock, several malls) and also relaxed many times at the Marriott, and other nearby hotels. No hotel ever even hinted at having a problem with us using their pools, and we went to about 10 beach fromt hotels with the girls.

From your "home", you walk through the marriott (or around the Ritz) on the way to the beach, and thus you get to enjoy their awesome pools etc, for no charge. Or save a couple of minute and drive your rental car and park at the marriott parking lot. Once again, this combo of nearby awesome beach, free awesome hotel pools to use, then your own rooms to use, outside table to eat at their home, grill at their home, etc...wow. So wonderful.

I'll stop rambling, but just say that our Aruba vacation was awesome, and where we stayed was superb. Thanks Judith!!!

Sorry this review rambled, but I could have written more...My Aruban Home is so awesome.

Note: From a purely $$ point of view, this place is a great deal. Tons cheaper than a hotel...and with a "my home" feel. Saving money isn't the best part, (the homey feel and practical advantages is!!!), but $$ is something you should be aware of, as Aruba is expensive. We saved tons grilling out and eating from our kitchen...and we enjoyed eating out other nights at cool restaurants you can walk to (or drive) less than a miles away, or drive further. A typical afternoon/night would include hotel pools, lots of time in ocean, beach sunset walk, then head home for late dinner and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,242 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,955 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,658 reviews
Modern World
Modern World
#1 of 5 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to My Aruban Home? Share your experiences!