“Fantastic 50th Birthday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
Ranked #3 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Noord
“Fantastic 50th Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Even though we arrived in Aruba a few hours late, Judy and her sister were there waiting patiently at the airport to pick us up and take us back to " My Aruban Home". They gave us such a warm welcome that we felt at home immediately and over the course of our 2 week holiday, we became great friends. My Aruban Home had everything we wanted for our stay. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and fully equipped with everything that we needed to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. This was a special holiday to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and Judy and her sister succeeded in making the holiday and the actual day itself very special indeed. To our surprise they'd made breakfast for us in the courtyard complete with a cake, candles and balloons. Judy even arranged a special table for us on the terrace of El Faro restaurant so we could watch the sun go down whilst we enjoyed some great food and wine. Nothing was too much trouble for Judy, she even took us on a tour around the island so that we could get our bearings. If we needed anything she was there but equally she did not invade our privacy when we wanted to be on our own. We took full advantage of all of the facilities that were available at My Aruban Home including using the bicycles, beach towels and snorkeling gear. The accommodation is a short walk from the high rise hotel area and beaches so we found no need to take taxis either in the day or night. Even though the street lighting in Aruba isn't great we had no problems walking back home at any time. Even at midnight we felt perfectly safe and didn't see any sign of trouble anywhere we went. Without exception, we found the Aruban people to be warm, friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Robbie as he was away visiting family but I'm sure we'll get to meet him when we visit again. Thank you Judy for making our holiday so special x

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yenby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Weston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Owner Judith picked us up at the airport, gave us a quick tour to the lighthouse and then took us to a very large, modern supermarket so we could stock up for the week. Since we did not have a car the first day, she drove us to a nearby restaurant the first evening. She also provided us with a phone. The Value rental car she arranged for us was fine. We did not get a chance to meet her husband Robert who was in Europe vising their daughter and grandkids. My Aruban Home rental units were added to the owners actual house about six or seven years ago. Our apartment was small,but very clean. The bed was comfortable. All the appliances were modern. Everything worked. The walk to the Ritz Carlton and Marriott beach is about 15 minutes. The residential neighborhood felt safe. We could definitely see coming back here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

This place is awesome, and I'll try to be brief and list helpful info. I've never written a tripadvisor review, but I had to for My Aruban Home. The whole "treats you like friends/family" theme was true. In summary, a 5-7 minute walk to the beach from their home, and it was so much better (and cheaper) than a hotel room. Judith (wife) was amazing. Robert (husband) was out of town. While this review is most helpful for a family with kids, it all also applies to an individual or couple.

Things we (me, my wife, and two daughters, age 7 and 10) enjoyed-- Pick up from airport...Judith drop off and wait for our grocery shopping...tour of parts of island on the way home...beautiful rooms to stay in...free drinks in fridge...free wine on countertop...free (get the theme??) snorkel equipment to use... free laundry machines to use... free grill I loved using to grill food in their little guest back yard area...buy charcoal at the store if you want to grill...gifts for our daughters for XMAS from Judith...nice beds, kitchen, cable TVs, baths, etc...we rented two rooms, one larger one for me and my wife, and a smaller one for the girls. My younger daughter often slept on the sofa int he big room with a kitchen.

Enjoy the home away from home feel...and be sure to rent a car. IF you can drive a stick, they have one for you to rent for cheaper than the market...but it was a stick, which I can't drive. Well Judith drove us (for free, as you know by now) to the car rental spot, after calling to find who had a car to rent on Dec 23rd!! For the next 4 days, we then explored the whole island, with Baby Beach being the best for kids...we went all over the island (eagle Beach, national park caves, snorkeling many places, city where cruise ships dock, several malls) and also relaxed many times at the Marriott, and other nearby hotels. No hotel ever even hinted at having a problem with us using their pools, and we went to about 10 beach fromt hotels with the girls.

From your "home", you walk through the marriott (or around the Ritz) on the way to the beach, and thus you get to enjoy their awesome pools etc, for no charge. Or save a couple of minute and drive your rental car and park at the marriott parking lot. Once again, this combo of nearby awesome beach, free awesome hotel pools to use, then your own rooms to use, outside table to eat at their home, grill at their home, etc...wow. So wonderful.

I'll stop rambling, but just say that our Aruba vacation was awesome, and where we stayed was superb. Thanks Judith!!!

Sorry this review rambled, but I could have written more...My Aruban Home is so awesome.

Note: From a purely $$ point of view, this place is a great deal. Tons cheaper than a hotel...and with a "my home" feel. Saving money isn't the best part, (the homey feel and practical advantages is!!!), but $$ is something you should be aware of, as Aruba is expensive. We saved tons grilling out and eating from our kitchen...and we enjoyed eating out other nights at cool restaurants you can walk to (or drive) less than a miles away, or drive further. A typical afternoon/night would include hotel pools, lots of time in ocean, beach sunset walk, then head home for late dinner and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

For the first time in a number of years my husband and I decided not to cruise but take a break and stay in one place for a change. Searched on tripadvisor and found My Aruban Home. We set of not knowing what to expect but when we were picked up by Robert, ON TIME, and not having a bus transfere, it was great after a long flight, Robert was great chatty and full of questions as to what we were expecting from our hols. After getting some shopping in the supermarket Robert took us on a tour of the local area so we could get our bearings and make the most of our time in Aruba. When we arrived at the house, my my ,it is just like the photos, actually better. Its so clean, spacious, quiet, unbelievably comfortable BIG bed and EVERYTHING you could possibly need, yes definitely a home from home. It was not a problem to Robert or Judith if we needed anything all we had to do was ask or use the phone they provided us with on arrival BRILL. The Island is beautiful, maybe a little expensive in some places to eat but I would recommend the ribs yum yum and a good size portion. Moomba Bar and Rest on the beach is a nice place to eat and reasonably priced, but be careful of opportunist thiefs as we had our bag stolen on the beach but the staff in Moomba were absolutely great. It is a few minutes walk form the beach but its quiet and peaceful after a hard day on the beach and it also as some welcome shade I think maybe the only thing missing is a plunge pool!!!!!!! There is a little shop round the corner from the house for milk etc....they do sell beer but you need to ask for it... WE WOULD RECOMMEND MY ARUBAN HOME TO ANYONE AND WE HOPE TO GO BACK We send Robert and Judith all our love and Happy Christmas when it comes. Peter and Margaret Ogden

Room Tip: all rooms are brilliant clean comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Crownsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Robert was very accommodating during our whole trip. He was extremely helpful with all of our needs. Robert was kind enough to set up our car rental from Value Car rental. We would not rent a car from Value Car rental again. The first car they tried to give us was filthy dirty. The car we ended up with the A/C did not work great, the air bag on the passenger side did not work.

I would recommend a rental car to get around the island.

We would highly recommend My Aruban Home. The apartment was very clean. We never ran our of hot water, the wifi was fast. Our host with the most, Robert made sure everything was as good as it gets!

1 Thank Sharon B
Xenia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We visited Aruba for our 1st time and Robert and Judith couldn't have been more inviting. They took care of airport transport, gave recommendations for places to snorkel and visit, dropped us off at the supermarket and waited patiently while we made our way around looking at the Dutch groceries etc. Originally they didn't have a room, but when I asked if they had cancellations Robert was able to accommodate us with a room move during our stay. We moved quickly and the rooms are identical and you can see how they have added their personal touch. It is very quiet, yet close to the hotel strip and beaches. We rode the bikes 1 day and decided to rent a car for the rest of the time in order to make use of our short time on the Island. They provided a cell phone which allowed us to call them when needed and to make local calls which was fantastic since use of our cell would have been outrageously expensive . If Robert and Judith are ever in our area they would be most welcome to stay with us -great friendly people!
Chris and Curtis

1 Thank chrisandcurtis
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay at My Aruban Home and would not hesitate to stay there again if we return to Aruba. Robert and Judith are a lovely couple who have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into their business and could not do enough to help us. The apartment was spacious, clean and tidy and true to the photos shown advertised on the blog. We stayed in the apartment with the kitchenette which was fully equipped with everything we required to do our own cooking. We even found that they had provided a few extras for free – some beer, soft drinks and even a bottle of wine! We were also given the choice of how much cleaning of the apartment we would require and when we would like this to be done. The apartments had a great wifi connection, excellent air-conditioning, a safe, TVs and there were also parking spaces available. The exterior of the apartments was lovely - very clean and tidy, with outside chairs and loungers for guests to use.
When we arrived, we were given a Welcome Pack which had a lot of information on the island and the activities it offered, Robert was also very helpful in answering questions about these. We were collected and dropped off at the airport by Robert and he very kindly took us to the local supermarket to buy food for our breakfast and then he took us to the large supermarket the next day. He also offered to take us other places if we wanted him to. In addition, we were also offered the use of Robert’s bikes and snorkel equipment, laundry room, beach towels, and even a mobile phone!
My Aruban Home is located in a quiet neighbourhood which is just over a five minute walk from the Marriot hotel, two bus stops, and Palm Beach. At the Marriot you can book many of the islands activities and be collected there for said activities. There is also a taxi rank outside its entrance and a very nice café inside it which sells delicious pastries. You can also enter/exit the beach by walking through the entrance hall into the hotel which we did every day. There is a bus stop just outside the Marriot which can take you into Oranjestad or any of the places in between. There is also a small store a two minute walk away for necessities.
I have already recommended My Aruban Home to members of my family and would love to return there. Robert and Judith have created such a lovely environment and are so warm and friendly that you wish you could stay with them forever! You even get a hug when you leave!

Laura & Graeme, UK

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,124 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,532 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,798 reviews
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,198 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews

Been to My Aruban Home? Share your experiences!