WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“A Great Place to Stay While Enjoying the Island on your Own” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
Ranked #3 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Noord
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
“A Great Place to Stay While Enjoying the Island on your Own”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at My Aruban Home for two weeks and we had a great time. Even before we got to the Island, Robert had provide us with some helping tips via emails. We were picked up at the airport, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some basics before we got to our lovely house. If you like to do things on your own, a house is the way to go and at My Aruban House, you will get everything you need, good tips on the island, bicycle, snorkel gear, car rental, beach towel, Robert will even let you enjoy his membership to one of the beachside hotel if you ask him kindly. Make no mistake, this isn't a five star resort but the place is very clean, well maintain, well furnished and your host are truly devoted to make sure you'll have a great stay, what more can we ask?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellingJf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Our honeymoon was a breeze from beginning to end with our stay at My Aruban Home. We stayed here for a week in April and were warmly welcomed at the airport and even were provided transportation back to the airport at the end of our stay. The room was comfortable and had the amenities needed. We were excited that we had the freedom to use the bicycles and even had a cherished opportunity to be provided transportation to dinner one night. The beach is in a long walking distance to the beach, but it was very enjoyable. We were provided a fact sheet to various restaurants and sites to narrow down the great Aruban opportunities on the island. I am a bit particular about fresh towels and it was difficult to replenish them through the week. We also did not understand how to best communicate with the family when we had a question since our room phone did not work or we had to approach their front door. But the shower was warm, rooms secure, the hosts were friendly, the unit was clean, and the weather seems to always be perfect.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MorningTraveler
MyArubanHome, Manager at My Aruban Home, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are happy to hear you had fun on the island and it helps us maintain the quality of the unique experience we offer to our guests. We were sorry to hear that we missed out on that little bit that would have made your stay with us extra special and would like to use this as an opportunity to explain a bit more about our offering:

As introduced in our reservation e-mails, a stay with us includes amenities such as on-site laundry and weekly cleaning. We can accommodate for guests with different preferences upon request.

We aim to create a fine-balance where you feel we are there for you while ensuring your full privacy. Therefore, we show our guests at arrival different ways to contact us during their stay and include a phone in their bedrooms where they can make free local calls in case they did not see us around the house. We apologize for the glitch with the phone during your stay.

I hope this information helps you and other guests in the future. Warm greetings from Aruba, Robert & Judith.
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

When I was looking for a place to stay in Aruba I was wanting to find a place where I could stay for a while and get the feeling, as if I was actually living in Aruba. Staying at any of the resorts either in Eagle Beach or Palm Beach are expensive for just one week and I was wanting to stay longer than that.

During my research I discovered a place called "My Aruban Home" which was about a 3 short block walk from the Aruban beach right at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino on Palm Beach. Near the Beach is where I wanted to be. So I checked with the owner "Robert" and discovered he had a medium size unit available that had a small living room, kitchen bedroom and bathroom with shower, available for the time I was looking for, That ended up being for 4 weeks. The best part was that the cost was in line with what it would approximately cost to stay at one of the big resorts for a week. I ended up confirming a booking to stay for 4 weeks. I now had lots of time to enjoy and explore Aruba.

On the day I arrived in Aruba, Robert picked me up at the airport. Then he explained what area's we were driving through, then we stopped at a large grocery store called "Super Foods" so I could do some food shopping. Robert waited for me while I was shopping. The second time I went to Super Foods I went on my own and it was easier, as then I had a better idea where things were located in the store. lol. Anyway, after shopping, on to the Guest House to unpack and settle in.

The unit I was staying in and the grounds area were very clean and well maintained. There are two bike's available to use should the quests want to get some exercise while sightseeing. Inside the units are Flat screen TV's with Cablevision. There are ton's of Channel's including HBO and MAX. The later isn't available where I live but is similar to HBO. There is also a DVR player in the bedroom. Wifi is available at no extra charge. Robert did tell me that he gets the wifi via his cable company and I can confirm it is fast. The kitchen has a Fridge, Microwave, and a small Gas Stove with Oven. Dishes, glasses as well as all kinds of cooking equipment is also provided. Air Conditioning was also in the kitchen, living room, and the bedroom area. The maid "Cheeka" is very helpful, should you need anything for your unit. If you are staying for an extended period of time like I did the washer and dryer are available for use for no extra charge. Should you have any questions concerning Aruba Robert is very willing to help answer them.

I spent most of the days walking and exploring the beach in the mornings, eating lunch somewhere on the street side of the resorts down buy the Playa Linda resort and then spending the rest of the afternoon swimming and relaxing on the beach. I made breakfast and most dinner's at home. I found that other's liked to eat dinner out as well as at home. It just depends what your preferences are. One day I took the bus into Oranjestad and did some exploring and shopping, and another day I borrowed a cooler from Robert got some Ice from the nearby Mini Mart, and bought lunch at the Super Foods Cafeteria and drove down to "Baby Beach" for the afternoon. There also is snorkelling equipment that you can borrow should you want to go snorkelling. If wind surfing or kite surfing is your thing all you need to do is walk to the beach and it is there for you. Yes Robert can help with car rental if you need one.

When it was time for me too leave Robert gave me a ride back to the airport where we said our good byes, and I have had a fantastic time living in Aruba for four weeks. : - )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Fsmdude
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Perfect loved how close we were to everything! It is much better then high rise hotel. You walk out your door to your car. Bicycles, beach towels, beach chairs, snorkle equipment ect,,, No lines at front desk, instead you get personalized service. Robby, Judith an family were great people very helpfull right down to the last detail. They also have car rentals you can use.
Highly recommended we totally felt like family and feel we have made new friends!! Loved their daughter an grand daughter also.
Super clean all details taken care of from airport pick up to chocolates on the pillow! (-:

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank TouringTerri
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at My Aruban Home for four nights, had a great time. Robert not only picked us up from the airport, but took us for groceries, showed us around the area so we knew where to swim and snorkel and some of the best restaurants. Kinda like having a personal concierge available to tell you whats available. We used his bikes, his scuba gear, his beach towels ... and on and on. It's just a complete experience.

Loved having a kitchenette for snacking and a couch (with cool AC) and HBO when it rained or was too tired.

Its not just a place to stay, but a unique way to experience Aruba. Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank andy d
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week at My Aruban Home with my girlfriend and we had an awesome time. We took full advantage of all of the little things that are offered there such as cooking on the beautiful outdoor area and the snorkel gear. As advertised, Robert takes great care of you if you need anything. Great location, a car is not necessary but in my opinion you will have a much better trip with one as there is so much to see, eat and do on the island. My only other tip is wear bug spray when you go out at night outdoors for the Mosquitos. I would definitely return to aruba and stay at my aruban home, thanks Robert.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Luke W
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My partner and I never took a sun vacation for the 4 years we've been together. He's a bit of a clean freak and I'm paranoid about security. So it took a lot of faith for us to rent Robert's home studio and not an all inclusive across the street. We are so glad we did! Everything from matching the aroma of hand soap to air freshener to securing our pick up/drop off from the airport, My Aruban Home had all the details considered. We felt safe, were in walking distance to the beach, walking distance to local transit (which was so convenient to go downtown) and no resort could have matched the feeling of comfort Robert provided. We bumped into friends who stayed at a 5 star all inclusive (where we initially considered going) and told us they had to eat out everyday ... meanwhile, we ate out some nights and made our own food in our kitchenette. We know where we will be staying during our next trip to Aruba. Thanks again Robert!

Room Tip: Home studio is perfect for a single or couple trip.