“great prices for average food”
Review of Pam Pam Eatery

Pam Pam Eatery
Ranked #23 of 60 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Check Them Out On Facebook
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have eaten at Pam Pam in 2009 and 2010 and the atmosphere was lovely and the wait staff very nice. This year, actually, just an hour ago, we returned ftom Pam Pam. When we arrived I timed six minutes with no one approaching us to seat us. The bar was packed and half the tables were filled on a Monday. I said quite loudly "Hello! Is there a waitress? " Bar patrons turned around and pointed out a triangular menu on all the tables. Across the top is written " seat yourself, go to bar and order your food" so we did. It was actually fun. We received an alarm that glowed when the food was ready. We had crispy and tender fried calamari which had delicious tartar sauce and a nice salad to the side of the dish. One friend ordered the wahoo special, the rest of us had the grouper with dill sauce. All if us had salads, mashed potatoes with the skins, and mixed fresh steamed veggies. It was good. The portions were generous and the price was half of what it used to be with waitresses. Yes, it is at the end of a dirt road with potholes, but the restaurant itself is charming. If you want a polynesian atmosphere with more than reasonable prices for entree and two sides, this is the place. If you abhor self-service, go someplace else. This place is easy on the wallet.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We wanted to try a restaurant off the beaten path. This one was off the beaten path but not worth driving to. When we arrived at the restaurant it was empty, only a few diners and it was only 8pm. That should have been my first clue. The restaurant is like cafeteria style with no waiters. You chose what you want by checking it off on a piece of paper and they give you beeper to let you know when youre meal is ready so you can pick it up off the counter yourself. I ordered the fliet mignon with a mushroom sauce and potatoes and salad. The portion size was fine however I had ordred my steak to be cooked medium well and it was cooked more on the rare side. The owner (I think it was the owner) offered to cook it some more but at that time the rest of my party was finished and were ready to leave. I think there are so many other good restaurants to go to that I would leave this one off my list.

1  Thank Brown_Eyes1977
Reviewed March 18, 2013

In this place they safe you money on the waiter. So they only have a bar tender and a cook. You just pick up a form at the bar and fill in the food and beverage your like order and pick up your order at the bar on a tray. In return you get good food for a very reasonable sum.

2  Thank FreddeJong
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visited Pam Pam last night with 2 other couples. This was the first visit to the restaurant for 4 of us. It was a wonderful meal. Their concept is good food with self-service and a fair price. I had Chicken Schnitzel---it was awesome. Served with homemade mashed potatoes and a salad with freshly made dressing. Absolutely delicious---not a morsel left on my plate. I also ordered their tomato soup as an appetizer. I could have eaten another bowl it was that good.

My husband ordered surf and turf. Although he ordered the turf medium rare, he said it was very well done. He should have returned the dinner to the counter and had it redone. However, his surf was fabulous. We vacation in Aruba every year for 6 weeks and find it is not uncommon for local restaurants to overcook their meat so emphasize your desire for specific meat doneness.

Our total bill for a overall great dinner experience was $34. No service charge, no tip--just a fair price for a good meal.

We will be returning this week with other friends. As other reviews indicate, you are your own waiter which was no problem.

3  Thank LINDA B
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

On an island with too many overpriced, mediocre restaurants, we love PamPam! Very good value, fresh local fish, salad or veggies with the meals. Lots of nice specials. We had two lovely meals with salad and each had a local beer and the bill was $29. US. How can you beat that? It's one of our favorite places. The self service is not a problem. The staff is great. It's clean, nice music, a nice change!