“OK but very tired”

Caribbean Palm Village Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Noord
Reviewed June 16, 2007

My husband and I stayed there for a few days (we had planned to stay the week but decided to change resort in the midle of our stay) with our two small children. The resort was Ok but everythink looked and felt old and very tired especially the inside of the units and bathroom. It pretends to have activities but we did not see or heard any. I would not recommend it

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank fabcats39

Reviewed May 21, 2007

I spent week 16 At this resort, was very impressed. Rooms were very Large. Work Staff Very Friendly. Was very comfortable & would stay again. I would suggest a Car rental, which is on the premises. Great Happy Hour. Everything there is at your finger tips. Housekeeping excellent!!!!

3  Thank Fluffy01NewJersey
Reviewed April 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for our week long honeymoon. The grounds were beautiful. If you are a budget savy traveler you will like this place. It is a smaller, more intimate place--away from all the hustle bustle of the larger beach front hotels. Our honeymoon was about exploring Aruba, not staying in the most expensive room there. We had a great time-- the money we saved on the room allowed us to do things we couldn't have done if we stayed at a more expensive place. It also felt very safe.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled as a couple
3  Thank budget_traveler521
Reviewed April 5, 2007

We stayed at CPVR in March with another couple, all in our 40's. While the accomodations were excellent and clean in the 2 bedroom unit we were in, the activities, or lack thereof, were a disappointment. The pools were beautiful and well maintained, however unless you have an Ipod, laying by the pool in the afternoon is impossible due to Bingo being announced right at the pool. We left the resort every day because there is absolutely nothing there for people our age. The passes to Moomba beach were wonderful. We highly recommend spending days on end at the beach. The wait staff is excellent, especially when you tip them up front.

The restaurant/bar at CPVR is good and they have a decent happy hour special, however the one night that there was activity it was kareoke and it wrapped up at 8 p.m. The wait staff is very pleasant.

The grounds are constantly patrolled by security which is nice. The guards are very friendly.

The workout facility is pretty good with nice equipment, however it doesn't open until 8 a.m., which is a little inconvenient.

Overall, the grounds are nice but I would recommend renting a car because you are a little far away from everything and taxi's can get expensive.

Overall CPVR is a nice facility and the accomodations are above average, however it's more of a retirement atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
9  Thank JulieMcCoy07
Reviewed March 1, 2007

I just returned from staying 2 weeks @ Caribbean Palm Village in Aruba.

I was shocked at the fact I didn't think to check this resort out before this year.

The first week I stayed in a one bedroom room. The room was wonderful. It had more space than one person could ever use! The living room was huge and the kitchen was also nice. It had 2 bathrooms and a balcony.

The second week I stayed in a two bedroom. The two bedroom needed a little updating, but it was still very nice.

The resort is very clean and there are security guards on the premises. I felt very safe at all times coming and going alone. There are two pools and two hot tubs and a restaurant.

The hotel will give you a shuttle to Moomba beach if you do not have a car. I would recommend renting a car since it is a bit of a walk to the beach, especially in the hot sun.

I would defintely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2007
8  Thank Kookykit
Reviewed December 27, 2006

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank colleenia
Reviewed December 20, 2006

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank merekramer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!