All reviews sweet peppers moomba beach palm village all you can eat karaoke night on site restaurant full kitchen garden view swim up bar bedroom unit water aerobics activities director free shuttle shuttle service rooms are huge away from the hustle and bustle front office
Reviewed July 27, 2018

CPVR was nice and average. Everything is outdated, but our room was one of the renovated rooms with a walk out to the pool, which was lovely. It is not bad in any means, but when you drive past other hotels like the Marriott or Rui, you sigh and wish you could walk out to the ocean and not a road a mile away from the beach

Room tip: Pool view and on the ground so you can just walk out
1  Thank Mads E
Reviewed July 26, 2018

We stayed a CPVR for seven nights last week. This was our first trip to Aruba, so we did not know what to expect when we got to our resort. The first room we were given had a patio "view" of a cement wall, the bathrooms were not renovated, and we had an end unit so we could hear the outside door open and close all night. The next morning we requested a room change and were moved to a room towards the back of the resort, still not a great view, but the bathrooms were much nicer and renovated. The decor, fixtures, and furniture in the room could use updating, but the room was clean, spacious, and well equipped if you want to cook while you are there. (There is a small supermarket across the street, but it has a limited selection. We went to the IGA supermarket that boasts of having the best produce on the island and brands from home, which was an $11 cab ride.)

The two pools on the property were beautiful, never crowded, and probably the best aspect of this resort. We had lunch and breakfast at the restaurant Kiana's and were disappointed both times. With all of the wonderful dining options on the island, I would certainly skip this restaurant. The staff at the restaurant was very friendly.

The hotel is about a mile from the beach, so we did take the shuttle. But the shuttle runs only twice a day (9:25 and 12:25) to the beach and pick up is at 4. We found out the hard way that the shuttle does not run at all on Saturday. We did walk to the beach one day, but the road is very busy. There is not much near the hotel, so you have to take a taxi everywhere you go (which adds up) or rent a car for the week. It would be nice if the resort provided more shuttle service so it is convenient to get to and from the highrise area beaches and restaurants and back to the resort.

The staff was not overly attentive or friendly during our stay, with the exception of the security guards we talked to while waiting for our taxis. But check in and out was easy. When we arrived, the office staff did not point us to guides of restaurants or excursions to help us plan our stay. We did stumble upon some magazines in the front office halfway through our trip and got most of our information and recommendations from our taxi drivers.

CPVR clean and nice if you don't mind having to take a taxi everywhere.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kristen C
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We spent 5 days and 4 nights at the Caribbean Palm. I would think of it as a home-away-from-home rather than a hotel. It was like staying at a luxury apartment complex with wonderful amenities. Two lovely pools, hot tubs, a nice gym and swim up bar. The staffing is very limited so you should not expect to be waited on. They are really more there to cater to the timeshare folks but if you want a great price and the feeling of being at your vacation home, this is a wonderful find.

The one bedroom was spacious and very clean. I liked the fact it has two full bathrooms. The kitchen was well equipped for preparing meals. In fact, with a great grocery store close by, we cooked all of our meals, even grilling on the complex's gas grill.

To really see the island and all the incredible beaches, you will want a car. The Caribbean Palm is close to many wonderful beaches and a short ride to other sites.

We spent nights by the pool or on our patio. It was a relaxing, affordable trip to an amazing location. I can see us returning again and again.

If they added more staff for pool service, I think it would be an added plus.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was fairly close to the airport. I mean the island is so small everything is close to be honest. We pulled up. Immediacy felt safe as the community was gated and had security. Check in was seamless. Hotel grounds, pool, restaurant was impeccably clean. Our room was perfect. It over looked the pool. Plenty of space for 2 of us. We got a one bedroom. It could potentially fit 6 people. It had 2 bathrooms. House keeping was great. Happy hour was excellent and they have activities every day at the pool. They have a grill area and a gym. Neither of which we personally used but they were nice. I would 100% recommend and would stay there again. Do recommend a car. I can’t say enough nice things about this place.

1  Thank iamthaone2004
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last week for 7 nights. The resort is about a mile or so away from the beach but they do have a shuttle. We had a rental car so we never used the shuttle.
The rooms were spacious - there were 4 of us and we stayed in a 1 bedroom unit. The room had a queen size bed, and a twin bed in the bedroom. The living room had a sofa pullout. This place is older but they have done renovations and the unit was clean. Housekeeping comes by every day to replace towels and take out the trash. Our lady took it even further by also making the beds so I was sure to leave her a couple of bucks each day. They do provide 1 full service housekeeping service during the middle of your stay. Daily housekeeping is available for an extra charge. Please note that they do not provide shampoos or any bathroom extras beyond soap bars.

We did not have much interaction with the front office staff however they were not friendly. When we arrived we asked for the bathroom and they directed us where to go. When we were checking out my son had to use the bathroom so he went to where we were instructed to go when we checked in . The lady checking me out became upset and said that those bathrooms were only for the staff. I explained that we were instructed to use those bathrooms when we first checked in. She then threw her co worker under the bus and said she was wrong. The staff here are not very welcoming or thankful so don’t expect to hear “thank you for staying with us” or “hope you had a great stay” or any of the sort.

If you have a rental car please know that they appear to have security in the parking lot 24 hrs. They also close out the parking lot using a metal chain and you are at the mercy of the security to let you in/out. I appreciate the extra security however I wished they would leave the chain off during the day as security is not always around and they appear to become upset if you let yourself out. One time we were on our way out and the security guy was just standing there on his phone. We waited for a few second but when he did not move, I told my son to get out of the car to unlock the chain. The security guy told us that we need to honk at him next time in order to let us out.

We basically only used this place to shower and sleep. I did like that this place is not very busy or loud. The grounds are well kept and there was never a problem finding parking even late at night. Our stay here was pleasant however the next time we are in Aruba I will look for another place to stay. I would only consider this place again if they improve on their customer service skills.

1  Thank seo95758