“Beautiful as ever”

Caribbean Palm Village Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Noord
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've been coming to this resort for several years, been in our family now since 1996. I've seen the changes and everything is ALL good! New flat screens in the rooms, beautiful updated deco. New restaurant on the site (bit pricy, bit good food), pool entertainment during the day and evening events, like Karaoke to keep you entertained. This property is not on the beach, but it is truly a 20 minute walk to the high rise hotel area. I personally prefer renting a car. Speaking of which, driving in Aruba is absolute the best. It is easy to get around to the various beaches, just be mindful of the many roundabouts, they are everywhere! I highly recommend taking a taxi to the resort and then ask the front desk for rental company information. They will call and have arrangements come pick you up. I initially rented from Alamo and the car was way to small. Not to mention, it wouldn't start because of the after market alarm system. I finally returned the car to Alamo the next day, they were very understanding and gladly dropped me back to the resort. Seriously, I thought I was going to have to be the ugly American and have to raise my voice. Fortunately, they were very accommodating and understanding, truly customer service driven. Getting back to the resort, the accommodations, the staff, I look forward to spending next thanksgiving there again...not to mention another 20 years! Oh, one last thing, the resort does have a shuttle to a couple of beaches. One beach in particular is Moomba beach, be mindful, if you take a cooler to the beach, you can't get the free lounge chairs ( serviced by the restaurant). Have no fear, you can rent from another chair vendor for $30 or so for 2 chairs and an umbrella. My cooler for a family of six was packed full of Balashi ( local beer) and sandwiches. So worth the price of admission. Bottom line, can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms near the bbq grills, because we cook out quite often
4  Thank bevsensualparty

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Caribbean Palm Village is going downhill. I usually enjoy it there however this trip was a bit different. I stayed at my parents timeshare with them and my brother and his wife. The difference this year was there was a leak coming from the top of the shower in the B side bathroom. Maintenance was called and came with a plunger and took out the A bathroom toilet???? The next day the toilet clogged in the A bathroom and sewage came up from the drain in the bathtub. Maintenance came again and when we came back from the beach and dinner there still was sewage in the bathtub. The maintenance man asked if we were checking out tomorrow and we said yes and the sewage was left in the bathtub overnight. I wonder what the maintenance fees people pay are being used for because when you have a problem there nothing gets fixed. The resort didn't even offer to switch our rooms. Could you imagine sleeping in your room and in the next room there is sewage in your tub overnight???

The other side of the resort has been renovated hopefully they will get to my parents building soon. Met some people there and they stayed in the renovated rooms and really enjoyed them. Hope the problem gets fixed because I enjoy going to Aruba.

Room Tip: Stay in a renovated room because the ones not renovated you might get sewage in your bathtub.
2  Thank Humsy7
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I always like to leave honest reviews so experianced travelers will know exactly what to expect. We got this place for a " free week " through interval for banking our week at ourtime share. We had done the same thing a few years ago and stayed at another timeshare here on the island. We had to pay a small fee to book this which did not bother me it has always been like that. Whenwe checked in they gave us a bill with almost two hundered dollars in taxes and fees ? We have never had to pay anything like this before. We travel allot within intervaland sometimes you will be asked to pay a electric fee or something small, nothing like this. Three days before we were going to leave they slipped a paper u der our door telling us that they wew going to shut the phonein the room off 24 hours before we were going to leave ? In order to use the gym you have to go to the main building sign a paper and get another swipe card to use the gym ? In your room you are given a " rules " book which makes you feel likea child being scorned, dont do this....dont do that, iam an adult this really got me mad.
Besides that the staff was very nice and accommodating the pools are nice and the restaurant had some nice dinner specials. The rooms are nice but not as nice as other places we have been. You are not close to the beach but we had a car so that did not matter to us, they do have a bus that will take you to the beach at certain times. Get away from Eagle beach the snorkeling is awsome at Arashi, as I am sitting here writting this at the pool they have been around 3 times to skim the leaves off of the pool, that is nice to see.
The free wifi is a nice touch and you can even get it in your room, all in all not a bad place just not really happy with all of the hidden fees that they charged.

6  Thank dev00312
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at CPVR very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms are huge! We had a 2BR (lockoff) so there were 2 full baths, a kitchen with everything we needed, 3 TVs and Wi-Fi. We had a patio with a table and chairs that we used a few times to relax with a cocktail.
Service at the restaurant was not the greatest and the drinks were pricey if we missed happy hour. They have 3 happy hours per day, so plan accordingly (and/or stock your fridge from the grocery).
The welcome party was nice. I expected a catch - like a timeshare sales pitch, etc. but it wasn't. It was just a social hour with free drinks, massages, games and mingling with other guests. It was fun.
We traveled with my sister and brother-in-law. My sister and I did the pool exercises with Lottie and Farley a couple of times and we all played water volleyball (and won a free beer for our efforts!).
We shopped at the Super Food store on Saturday night. Do NOT do this! It was like Black Friday for grocery shopping. I've never seen anything like it. We went back a few times throughout the week and it was fine, so perhaps Saturday night is the "everyone shops" day.
The orientation on Monday was helpful. There were reps there from various excursion companies offering discounts and information. No sales pitch of any kind, just offering information. We booked a couple of tours and received discounts for booking there.
We used one of the hot tubs a couple of times. Very clean and relaxing. We made our cocktails in our room and brought them to the hot tub to enjoy.
We rented a car - which I recommend (due to the location of the resort) and had no trouble finding our way around. We paid $279 for the week for a 4 door midsize through Budget rental.
We didn't have any issues at the resort. A light burned out in the entryway of one of the units and it was fixed the next day without us reporting it.
Overall, a pleasant stay at a nice resort.

Room Tip: We had a "garden view" which didn't have a view, but was quiet. We did have wi-fi in t...
2  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff of regular employees are great managnment sucks.. The room telephone didnt work for two days and then the manager was dismissive and said the phone comapny doesnt work on week ends , Really what about during the week before I came.. Secondly, the televeison went out for 22 hours and the maintenance man Frank stated the televison will be on by 3;30 pm . I called at 3;50 pm no televison went out and came back and then no televison , Oh well screw the guest.. I was relocated to another room but why do a person have to travel so far to get some bad service, can anyone answer me that. I have travel the world and there is no worst service then Phoenix Divi Resort CVR both screwed up establishments... Stay away people save your self the headache.....

Room Tip: dont go there pick another resort before you go there
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank KOOLGUY60647
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The wife and I have been coming here for five years and love it. The will accomodate you in any way possible. The 1 bedrooms have two private baths with one in the main bedroom. The kitchenettes allow you to cook and save on eating out. First floor rooms are good if you don't like climbing stairs. Garden view is boring with no wi-fi, but quiet. Two TV's good if you have people with varied taste in viewing.
Transportation to downtown, low & high-rise hotels is suspect even with printed bus schedule. Seems that this part of the island does not get the same electric buses that the main thoroughfare where the bulk of tourists and island residents reside get. Thus the route is staffed irregularly by school buses and small vans which service the Noord section where the CPVR is located.
Recommend that you rent a car if you are going to stay here otherwise use cabs for the longer trips and walk to the short ones.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool side rooms if you want wi-fi; if you want quiet, and are not worried about the view...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Samjabroni
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my third visit to CPVR with friends who are timeshare owners. They have definitely been making upgrades to the property and it is well maintained. It's about a mile from Eagle Beach, an easy walk or they have a shuttle that runs twice a day. They also have a reciprocal arrangement with Moomba Beach so you can get chairs at a waterfront resort too.

We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit, which had 2 king beds plus 3 full sized pullout couch beds. There was a full kitchen along with a smaller kitchenette, both stocked with dishes and cooking necessities. It's great to visit a grocery store and then make your own breakfast and lunch while saving your money to eat out for dinner. There were also 2 bathrooms in the unit. Towels were changed daily and the trash was emptied, along with the beds being made up, and then the condo was fully cleaned on Wednesday.

There are 2 pools and 2 hot tubs in CPV, both of which are very clean. They have 3 happy hours with 2-for-1 drinks, plus a full bar open all day. You can also get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at the on-site restaurant. The resort runs a number of activities during the week, everything from a Sunday welcome breakfast with tour promoters offering discounts to pool volleyball to poolside bingo. There are also 2 grills if you want to cook and eat outdoors.

All the staff is very friendly and helpful, definitely wanting to make the guest experience the best it can be. While it may not be the newest or most glamorous resort on the island, Caribbean Palm Village is a great place to spend the week!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms have the best view and are worth the extra charge!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JLS729
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!