“Tierra Del Sol - Would We Stay Here Again ?”

Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf
Ranked #2 of 7 Noord B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I spent 8 days there at a five room villa with a beautiful pool and a jacuzzi.
Though the jacuzzi did not work the family and myself had a great time at the beach and in the pool. We enjoyed barbecuing on the gas grill that worked flawlessly and the maid service was great.
The bad side was that there was a lot of noisy construction work going on next door and the stove did not work without the aid of a match. All in all I hated to leave Aruba but whether I would stay at Tierra Del Sol again is questionable as I believe they should have reimbursed me for the noisy construction next door, the inoperable jacuzzi and the match light stove.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2013

During our trip to Aruba (end of May), my wife and I spent a day at Tierra del Sol. We booked a tee time at 7am. The green fee is $129 per person and $55 for club rental per person (we had planned to play only a round of golf, so we didn't bring our own clubs). With the club rentals, they gave us each a sleeve of Nike golf balls. The rental clubs were also Nike (the latest model, including Nike Covert Driver - which I really liked!). You have to remember that Aruba is a desert island... the course is similar to a Links course - no trees with lots of wind. The condition of the fairways and greens are really well kept, but other areas are damaged by the Sun and the dry condition. I can't say the course is visually beautiful, but it's a fun course to play (You're playing golf in Aruba!). We finished the round in about 4 hours - it was just my wife and I with no groups in front of us.

Remember to ask for a towel (you'd think they would provide one when you rent the clubs). They also don't provide a bottle of water, but an ice box is attached to the cart (!). If you're planning to play, play early in the morning. Otherwise it will be too hot to play. Please note that it's $99 per person for twilight play.

After golf, we had lunch at Ventanas del Mar, which overlooks the golf course (by the way, no one was teeing off by 12noon). We ordered appetizers. Crab corn chowder is out of this world! Curry Waldorf Salad is delicious as well. For main entrees, we ordered Portobello Pizzetta (portobello with goat cheese) and fresh catch of the day (grouper on that particular day). Both dishes were really tasty and made to perfection! Just remember that the portions are huge (including the appetizers). I think my wife and I would have been fine with one appetizer and one entree. The only complaint we had was the waitress - she did her job, but she wasn't friendly at all. Not even a smile.

After lunch, we went to the spa and had a couples aromatherapy massage (75 mins/$239). They have a small locker for men and women. They also have a sauna/steam room and jacuzzi that men and women share. Just be aware that both sauna/steam room and jacuzzi are tiny! Luckily, it was just my wife and I, but if there was another couple, it would have been way too crowded and probably very awkward/uncomfortable. The massage was good and relaxing, but nothing special.

Overall, our day at Tierra del Sol was okay, but nothing memorable. Nothing made us want to go back to it. Well, maybe I'll go back for the crab corn chowder, but that's about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LosAngelo007
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I met some friends who drove me to take a look at Tierra del sol, mid way through my stay in Aruba. I decided to get a massage at the spa instead of at my hotel so I could have access to the pool for the day. I spent my last day may 26th at del sol. The massage was well needed (I could tell because of how painful it was lol) the pool and view was perhaps the nicest my eyes have ever viewed. I had a wonder salad for lunch, not taking advantage of the brunch as I'm a light eater. The staff were so nice, one even offered to drive me later to meet my friends. The spa and pool are so nice that I'm coming back in a few weeks to spoil myself some more. If I had seen this truly wonderful place at the beginning of my trip I would have been there every day. Tierra del sol is out of all the places I've seen in the islands the most gorgeous spot in the Caribbean hands down.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sanichute
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It's like owning your own vacation home without all the hassles. The Golf course is great , once you figure out the wind. House was clean , service was terrific. Ingrid always takes good care of us. Been going there for 12 years now, and will continue to do so. The beach is close but the crowds are far away

Room Tip: If you don't need your own pool get a condo. The clubhouse pool is terrific.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank headcarp
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The course was in horrible shape.The fairways were burnt out someone should remind them it's 85 degrees everyday and the water should be turned on.I've played on public courses where the greens were in much better shape.Been to Aruba at least 10 times always wanted to play the course and finally did and it was my final time.Unless you have a great wind game save your money and do something else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank caribmannewyork
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Researched plenty hotels before selecting this property .. It is physically appealing .. Easy ride from airport (about 20 minutes) .. Clubhouse has lovely pool, spa area , great golf & ocean combined view ... The house we rented included 3 bedroom & pool & jacuzzi .. Maid service arrived daily & tidied up beds & kitchen area.. I would return to Aruba & this facility .. After dining on island .. Mojitos, paddock and tandoor.. All fun spots .. Ended trip with dinner on property .. Pleasantly surprised .. Please don't anticipate Michelin dining .. But if open minded it's enjoyable .. With great staff and setting ..

Tips .. Rent car, go grocery store & stock your juices & snacks or pay them to .. Make sure u like house u book.. Ask for options choose from..

Island fun- fishing trip .. Submarine trip ..Went see natural bridge ( beautiful)!!! And checked out downtown for shopping .( gucci, lvmh, m kors, coach ) etc...+ casino ..

Beach-is public but fun.. Water was a bit chilly but sucked it up and went on in:)

A few things I would suggest to property .. Clean/service pools for guest .. Offer welcome letter that better provides better agenda of overall facility .. have housekeeping restock towels on racks etc.. ( like at hotel) not just take away dirty towels .. These aren't complaints just a way to make the service aspect more well rounded and consistent

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank row12
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our family was fortunate enough to be given a wonderful stay at Tierra del Sol! We so enjoyed everything about it! The beaches were close, golf right there, an amazing pool, restraunt, tennis, and the condo was fabulous! I hightly recommend checking this out. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ejzk77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noord
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
#24 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf? Share your experiences!