“Best meal of the trip!”

Wacky Wahoo's
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Noord
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Near all the high rise hotels, just up the street from a Wendy's
San Mateo, California
“Best meal of the trip!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great local seafood! We enjoyed the crab and corn chowder, the mandarin and goat cheese salad, the wahoo special of the day, and the cashew cake - all fantastic! The place was crowded and we didn't have a reservation, but they accommodated us anyway even after they said they didn't think they could.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank PaytonSmelzer

New York City, New York
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went here for dinner and tried their special, which was a grouper filet over rice with a crab cake. The fish was cooked perfectly. It was moist and flakey. I would highly recommend the fish from this restaurant. As with what others have said, it is best to make a reservation even during the low season. My wife had the stewed conch which was also pretty good but I wouldn't say the best on the island.

The only thing I had an issue with was that there was a man with a guitar that was playing for the customers at their table. This is fine if you wanted him to play for you but he would just randomly walk up to tables and play in front of them. Made it slightly uncomfortable for me.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Xdefender
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best food on the island”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This was the only place we HAD to visit twice on our trip. The food is amazing, the grouper in papillote is the best fish I have ever tasted. The conch and calamari appetizer was also excellent. We also enjoyed the Caribbean lobster and ceviche. Don't hesitate, go!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank WNCF00die
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Always one of our best meals on the island”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have been eating here since the first year they opened and have always walked out totally satisfied. The fish is always fresh as can be and cooked and seasoned beautifully. The atmosphere is comfortable and the service is top notch.

Visited April 2014
Tucson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“On the list”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've been visiting Aruba for 19 years now.And some how have missed this place. Even more bizarre,is that it is almost walking distance from my place.Stellar food,stellar service.Plenty on your plate and the prices aren't that bad.But as others have mentioned,reservations are a must.Even in "low season" as it is a small place.
Wacky Wahoo has joined El Gaucho as my only eateries that I go back to every year.

• Visited September 2013