“Go with the catch of the day specials!”
Review of Wacky Wahoo's

Wacky Wahoo's
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Noord
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Near all the high rise hotels, just up the street from a Wendy's
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The lady and I decided to give this a try after the many excellent reviews. In general, we concur with the overall assessment by the other contributors here. We both ordered one of the fish that was part of the specials or catch of the day. The food was extremely fresh and tasty! I had the blackened snapper. What great flavor! My special was a combo with a lobster tail. I don't know if the fish was so fresh that it made my lobster taste less fresh. The lobster was not on par with the snapper but hard to judge when you have extremely fresh snapper! The restaurant is very small and packed in with as many tables possible. Only negative would be how crowded it feels. I felt like other people were on top of me that's how cramped the space is. I suppose that also speaks to the restaurant's popularity since we arrived at 9pm and assumed there would be less people. Don't try arriving without a reservation!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The early bird $25 special is a great value and even includes a bottle of wine! Really enjoyed the meal and went twice during ur trip.

1  Thank tripper9639
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very fresh seafood. I had the special which was grouper and shrimp, excellent. Husband had barracuda which he enjoyed. Very small restaurant, so you must reserve. Staff was pleasant and attentive. Even though people were waiting they didn't rush you. A definite when visiting Aruba.
We shared one dessert, a delicious brownie, but up and enough for 4 to taste.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Yeah, everyone claims they know food, and yes, I know taste is a subjective thing. However, my wife and I based our choice to visit Wacky Wahoo's based on TripAdvisor reviews, and as usual, the 5-star ratings didn't lead us astray.

Only a 10 minute cab ride from the high and low-rise hotels (in the middle), this place is located in an unassuming area you wouldn't expect to find high cuisine (next door to a strip club, for starters)... But don't let the location fool you. These folks know what they're doing. The service, the food, and did I say food??, was simply amazing.

The grouper, lobster special was to die for. Huge portions, excellent flavor, and stunning presentation. Price was about $75 for 2 people with tip and NO alcohol.

1  Thank Dan J
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great for kids..no separate menu they can order whatever they want custom made and or get half portion of any adult menu item. Fresh catch of day doesn't get better...always have the king fish special or grouper. Quality of the wines should be improved, I drank water bc they only offer barefoot name brand ( urgh). Not sure why there is a "sex store" right next door to define dining, they should be kicked out of the plaza. So, who ranked 1 and 2....Papamientos and madam Jeanette...quality of food comparable to wacky wahoo but far nicer atmosphere