“Great Seafood” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wacky Wahoo's
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Near all the high rise hotels, just up the street from a Wendy's
West Hempstead, New York
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very fresh seafood. I had the special which was grouper and shrimp, excellent. Husband had barracuda which he enjoyed. Very small restaurant, so you must reserve. Staff was pleasant and attentive. Even though people were waiting they didn't rush you. A definite when visiting Aruba.
We shared one dessert, a delicious brownie, but up and enough for 4 to taste.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Food Snob's Review: AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Yeah, everyone claims they know food, and yes, I know taste is a subjective thing. However, my wife and I based our choice to visit Wacky Wahoo's based on TripAdvisor reviews, and as usual, the 5-star ratings didn't lead us astray.

Only a 10 minute cab ride from the high and low-rise hotels (in the middle), this place is located in an unassuming area you wouldn't expect to find high cuisine (next door to a strip club, for starters)... But don't let the location fool you. These folks know what they're doing. The service, the food, and did I say food??, was simply amazing.

The grouper, lobster special was to die for. Huge portions, excellent flavor, and stunning presentation. Price was about $75 for 2 people with tip and NO alcohol.

1 Thank Dan J
Albany, NY
“Third favorite restaurant in Aruba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Great for kids..no separate menu they can order whatever they want custom made and or get half portion of any adult menu item. Fresh catch of day doesn't get better...always have the king fish special or grouper. Quality of the wines should be improved, I drank water bc they only offer barefoot name brand ( urgh). Not sure why there is a "sex store" right next door to define dining, they should be kicked out of the plaza. So, who ranked 1 and 2....Papamientos and madam Jeanette...quality of food comparable to wacky wahoo but far nicer atmosphere

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“It was a repeat visit and well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Ok, the cerviche was fabulous and plenty for two. I ordered the barracuda which I has never had before and it was the best fish I ever had. They serve it with spicy rice, veggies, polenta chips and plantain. Everything was fresh and delicious. My husband had the grouper and was extremely pleased but upset he didn't have room for the desserts, they are great too.

So as long as you are not looking for a fancy restaurant and want fabulous food you will love this place. The service is great too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, Maryland
“The place for fresh caught fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our first trip to Aruba and we wanted a restaurant that specialized in local and fresh caught seafood. Wachy Wahoo's fit the bill. It's a small restaurant and reservations are a most. Every table was filled but we had prompt and attentive service. I had conch and calamari appetizer and then a grouper special and my wife had wahoo. My wife tends to like her dishes prepared on the "plain" and they were accommodating. Good size portions, well presented and flavorful. We didn't have room for dessert. If we return to Aruba this will be on our list of restaurants to go back to.

Visited November 2013