“Good Seafood”

Wacky Wahoo's
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Noord
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Near all the high rise hotels, just up the street from a Wendy's
Plainview, NY
“Good Seafood”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The restaurant has an attentive staff and serves tasty fresh seafood however I would not return here. The reason for my average rating is my annoyance with our reservation. Our hotel concierge was only able to get us a 5:30 reservation with 2 days advance notice. We were hoping for a 6:30 or 7:00 res. While we were having our early dinner several couples arrived around 6:30 and 6:45 with no reservations are were immediately seated. I guess they were trying to fill the restaurant early with our reservation. We'll take our business elsewhere on our future Aruba visits.

New Milford, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Wacky Wahoo's was truly amazing. Best meal of our vacation!!!!

Friendly staff, & our wahoo was cooked to perfection. Can't wait to go back!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alice A
Freehold, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was better in years past”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very disappointing. We were in the restaurant for over 2 hours with a reservation and three children at our table. Service was SLOW. We saw our waitress chatting at the bar while our food sat in the window waiting to be delivered to our table for several minutes. Waitress did not order the meal correctly. Veggies were saturated in oil, bathroom was filthy and the manager did not want to hear of it. He brushed my concerns off. In the past it was terrific. As for this year....NO THANK YOU. I would not recommend. There are so many fabulous restaurants! Make a different choice!

1 Thank James S
Palm Bay, Florida
“Incredible!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Once again, my lovely wife and I visited the Wacky Wahoo while vacationing in Aruba. It's hard to find one word to describe the restaurant. Incredible? Wonderful? Fantastic? All those and more. It's hard to believe you could have a better dining experience ANYWHERE.

The service is outstanding, including refilling my water glass constantly. The food is so good I can't provide a description that would do it justice.

We both had the catch of the day, which was wahoo. I had mine blackened, and she selected the gratinated dish, which included cheese and spinach. Both portions were huge, perfectly cooked, and extremely flavorful. They were served with tasty rice and black beans, plantains, cornbread and fresh vegetables.

This was truly an amazing meal. The bill for 2 dinners and one large draught beer was about $58, an incredible value for this quality meal.

1 Thank JRS358
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“All the hype is well-deserved. Make it a point to visit this restaurant!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Wacky Wahoo's knows fish, and boy do they prepare it well! The grouper grilled with olive oil was perfect--tender, well-seasoned, and fresh! The mahi mahi grilled with cajun spice was hearty and delicious. Garlic bread is served before the meal, but I recommend trying the black bean soup to start. If you prefer a creamy soup, the seafood soup contains huge chunks of fish, shrimp, and a lot of squid rings--both are great for whetting your appetite. Leave room for dessert--the coconut flan is terrific.

This place does not take walk-ins. They are usually booked solid from open to close. I would recommend dropping in to make a reservation because they do not answer their phones after five o'clock--they're too busy! Additionally, the dining area is quite small, so please keep that in mind if you require extra room (strollers, wheelchairs, etc.).