“Superb dinner - great seafood place”
Review of Wacky Wahoo's

Wacky Wahoo's
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Near all the high rise hotels, just up the street from a Wendy's
Houston
“Superb dinner - great seafood place”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

You cannot go wrong at this restaurant. Again a small restaurant so strongly recommend to make a reservation. The owner bascially runs the kitchen and the seafood is fresh basically caught the same day. I had ordered the chef special which was a snapper and my wife had the grouper - both entrees were excellent - this is the best seafood restaurant in my opinion.

2 Thank HoustonToughguy

New York, New York, United States
“Simply divine”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Everything was perfect!! Staff - friendly, helpful w ordering and helped us order the right amount of food so we wouldn't go overboard. We started with the black bean soup, AMAZING! Then, we ordered the seafood platter for me which was the catch of the day red snapper, mussels, shrimp, rice, corn bread and squid YUMMMMMMY and my husband ordered lobster tails that also were cooked to perfection!!!!! We LOVED this place and immediately after finishing asked who the owner was and told the wife of the owner how much we loved the meal and entire experience. We also told Coral, the concierge from the Hyatt who recommended the restaurant how much we appreciated this recommendation!!! She's the best!! Wacky Wahoo's the best!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Franz255
new york
“HERE is where you should be spending the money you don't spend at Madame Jeanet's”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We absolutley loved Wacky Wahoos. It's in a weird area, off the beaten path in a strip mall but it is definitley worth the trip. Make reservations as it is a small establishment and I can't imagie you will be seated without having one.
The portions are very large and sometimes you sacrifice quality for quantity. That is not the case here at all.
We started with the crab and corn quesidilla. It was so tasty and fresh and had a really great homemade salsa/relish. I believe it was either $9 or $11 dollars.
My husband had the wahoo and loved it. It is a firm white fish and it was about the size of a boneless chicken breast. They don't use a lot of sauce to cover up the flavor of the fish but what they add is delicious. It is served with a delicious rice and a sweet plantain.
I had the scallop and tiger shrimp combo. There are about 6 or 7 LARGE scallops and 3 very large shrimp served with a very light asian sauce, steamed vegetables and some sesame noodles. This was my favorite meal of my entire trip and I'm still craving it. The portion was too large to finish so I took it back to the timeshare with is. The fish is so fresh that when I heated it up the next evening, it tasted exactly the same as the night I first ordered it. I believe each of our entrees were around $30 or $32 dollars.
My son had the half order of fettucini alfredo, which we were charged $8 for (which I found reasonable).
We also each had a glass of wine. I believe with tip the bill came to $115 with tip. A much more enjoyable and satisfying (and less espensive) meal than we had a Madame Jeanet's a few nights later.
The only complaint I have is that it was EXTREMELY warm in this restaurant. It is small, was filled to capacity and we had an 8:30 reservation so it could just be that the oven/stove was on all day in a very small space. I would try for an earlier reservation next time, but that is my only complaint.

2 Thank Lolabelle324
Woodstock, Georgia
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I thought this was our best meal on Aruba! I ordered the chef special and it was fantastic! The sangria was also very sweet and tasty. Luckily, we went early and got a table without a reservation. It was crowded by six so definitely make a reservation.

1 Thank Joel A
NJ
“Wahoo!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Dined here while attending a destination wedding. Reservations hard to get, so plan (well in advance) accordingly. Only about 20 tables.

Really attentive service. Good food (we both had the lobster.)

We're not big fans of Aruba, but this is a great place to dine.

• Visited May 2013