“Most romantic restaurant ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Papiamento
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NY, NY
“Most romantic restaurant ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We sat poolside at Papiamento. The service was outstanding; the food divine but not for dieters; and the atmosphere very romantic. It is at an old family manor beautifully maintained. Lights are elegantly strung in the trees. The manor is preserved so you can see the rooms as they once were.

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Absolutely Devine Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was just about to give up and label Aruba's dining as average and then I discovered Papiamento. The atmosphere is extraordinary and the food simply decadent. I had the baked shrimp to start followed by the lobster shrimp duo cooked in a yummy coconut milk broth. I ate the entire thing just because I just could not stop having something soooooo good. The service was even better! My hotel screwed up my reservation and they worked to make it better by giving me a great table close to the pool. You should not miss this restaurant if you are in Aruba. It is absolutely beautiful and the food amazing. You will not be disappointed! Kudos to the chef and staff for making us have the best dining experience in Aruba!

Dublin, Ireland
“A Favorite Aruban Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Papiamento is one of our favorite restaurants on the island and we go there every time we visit Aruba. The menu is large, extensive with a mixture of fish and meat and local dishes, and the food is generally very good. Our only complaint is the erratic service from untrained waitstaff. We were given our menus shortly after being seated and before we had time to consult them were asked if we were ready to order. (One of the menus was missing the 'daily specials' page.) Our main course dishes were delivered before the plates from the starters had been cleared. There are loads of staff in the restaurant but they seem to lack guidance and training and leadership. In past visits the owners of the restaurant were always present and managing the staff and the large outdoor dining area (which is beautiful and romantic, centered around a glowing pool). They have retired and their son has taken over the management and seems to us to be struggling. We would recommend the restaurant, and will return on our next visit to Aruba, but would be worried that it is relying too much on its past and not carefully enough considering its future!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Nice place, horrible service, ok food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My title says it all. The tables are in a nice garden with a pool. The food is ok and I'm likely saying that given the setting because our hotel buffet served similar quality, if not better food. What REALLY put me off was when I asked the waitress (super slow service all night) to give me back some change since I always leave about 20% tip and I was at almost 35% which for the slow service even my usual 20% was too much. After waiting about 15 minutes and noticed that nobody had any intention to give me my change back I asked again for it and she actually rolled her eyes. I couldn't believe it!!! We've had such a great experience on the island and sadly this was our last meal here and the one we will now likely remember the most. DEFINITELY do not recommend this place. SO MANY other good places to go eat on the island, don't waste your time here!

Visited December 2013
Ozone Park, New York, United States
“Beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've heard so many great reviews for this place ,so I just had to try it and I now I see what all the raves are about. The place is absolutely beautiful as we had dinner outside by the pool . The food was delicious !!! . We started with the appetizer keshi yena which was a stew with dates , olives , tenderloins & chicken topped with the local cheese ,so good . My partner had the fisherman's casserole which was very good . I had the curry shrimp . the "must"have of the night was the dessert "the bread pudding" absolutely delicious