“Absolutely Wonderful”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience here. The service was amazing & we especially enjoyed the live entertainment of Ernesto Ferro! Very talented guitar player who made our dining experience over the top.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,826)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Oh my God, I don't know where to start. The food was DELICIOUS, the servers were there before you even had time to think. Someone was always there to offer you more drinks, water, bread, clear your table, answer any questions etc. The owner made the best Cuban mojito I have EVER had, he was friendly and just a regular down to earth guy. The Blue Cheese Shrimp in creole sauce (appetizer) was to die for. The presentation, quality, and taste of the food was impeccable. The ambiance was something out of a movie, I love this place. I will be returning everytime I go to Aruba.

1  Thank Lashaun H
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A table by the pool. White tablecloths. Excellent service. Affordable wines. Superb fresh fish. Try the Special Dutch appetizer ( easily shared by 2or more). A very romantic setting for couples.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you visit Aruba, everyone will tell you to try Papiamento Restaurant. Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from this place. The service is terrible and the food is below average for the prices they charge. The cuisine reminds me of the 1980's.
The only positive aspect of this place is the ambiance. Waste of time and money.

1  Thank 1spartan1
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was really hopeful about this place, since the hotel staff had suggested it on every trip. The restaurant is nice with the tables around the pool. They first sat us right by this guitar player, music far too loud in our ears to hold a conversation. The staff was more than happy to move us. But from there the service went downhill. Waiting 10 minutes for the staff to return to just fill water glasses. When the food came, it was fair at best. Very little spice, and pricey. The Neptune was $40+, and did not have more than a half of a lobster tail, 2 shrimp and a tiny piece of fish. I was rather disappointed. With much better options on the island, I would go elsewhere.