“Excellent!”
Review of Papiamento

Papiamento
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We went here on our first night (first time in Aruba) and loved it. I didn't get a table around the pool as I had requested, but the ambience is still there. I had the lobster, Mahi Mahi on the stone and it was delicious. The only negative were the little leaves falling into our food and a bird pooped on my arm (we were under a tree and it was 10:30 at night so it was unexpected). I had finished eating so it didn't freak me out (and wasn't their fault). I immediately told my husband we should go right to the casino since the last time a bird pooped on me, I won a 50/50 raffle. Well he played his birthday (an hour away) on Roulette and hit twice. Paid for four nights of nice dinners for my family of five. We were also treated to a tour of the inside house which was very nice. We will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Greenlawn, New York, USA
“enjoyable atmosphere; not inexpensive”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice looking outdoor seating area enviroment, but seats were resin chairs covered with table cloth-type material. We were seated under a tree that kept dropping seeds of some sort on our table. I had to keep my water glass covered to prevent these seeds from getting into glass. Live music the night we were there; food was very good, but not inexpensive.
Good service.

New York
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We hadn't heard much about Papiamento but as soon as we arrived we knew that we had found a special place. It was absolutely beautiful with all the trees. I highly recommend food on the stone. Without a doubt, one of the best restaurants in Aruba.

new jersey
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Table around the pool was romantic, food was great. Ate seafood on the stone, had a great bread pudding dessert. Took a walk through the "home", loved the old feel of the place.

Visited July 2013
“Incredible food, amazing atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Papiamento is by far the best restaurant we've been to on Aruba. It is situated in what looks like the backyard of a home- the tables are set around a pool and under trees. It's breezy but not as much as a beach restaurant on Aruba. The food was absolutely amazing. We ate the honey goat cheese and tuna tartare appetizers which were both delicious. My husband had the champagne casserole- which had scallops, crab and some fish fillet in a champagne cream sauce with cheese- heavy but amazing. Mine was the Cazuela (sp?), shrimp and lobster in a coconut milk sauce that was light and aromatic. The favors were perfect. Even the whole okra and island purée (plantains, maybe) were perfectly delicious. The wait staff were attentive, friendly and courteous. All in all, a perfect meal.