“Magical setting - Lovely meal !”
Review of Papiamento

Papiamento
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I loved everything about this restaurant. A lovely romantic setting and a very delicious meal. I had the filet mignon and jumbo shrimp on the hot stone and it was not only very delectable but also an experience as your meal continues to cook as you eat. If and when in Aruba, you should give this place a try as you'll truly experience not just good food but a very memorable time...

1  Thank R T

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We dined at this restaurant on the recommendation of our hotel. We were looking for somewhere with romantic ambiance and classic Aruban cuisine. The restaurant is in an offbeat neighborhood and tables are candlelit around a pool and it definitely has the ambiance. We arrived around sunset and it was a very romantic meal. The food was good, but overpriced - for the prices, which topped Beaches and Passions, the foot should have been fantastic, but we were disappointed to find that it was just...good. We did try Keshi Yana that night, and it was delicious, but other than that, our salads, the bread, my shrimp and the husband's steak, were all nothing more spectacular than we'd had anywhere else. We opted out of dessert, expecting the same. The wait staff was efficient, but we did wait quite some time between our salads and our main course (20 minutes or so, just sitting there with no food). We were in no hurry, however, and our vacation was to enjoy each other's company, but I can see how this might have annoyed some people. I recognized the owner's son come in from an ad I'd seen in a magazine at our hotel...he looked very sleek (designer jeans, dressed very chic). He didn't even glance around at customers as he entered and we never saw him again that evening during our two hour visit. For the price, and for the caliber of restaurant that Papamiento's is trying to be, the expected touch would be (if not an owner) for a manager to come around to guests before they depart and ask how the experience was that evening. It's a touch that the best restaurants employ, and I fear that they probably don't employ this because they don't want to hear what customers have to say (based on other reviews, anyway). Overall, it was a nice experience, but we would probably seek out other restaurants next time we visit Aruba.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

There was mixup with my reservation, but we were lucky enough to get a nice table around the pool. The atmosphere is beautiful. You sit around a square pool with trees hanging over, soft lighting, and music made this a very romantic setting. The food is the best we've ever has. Just delicious. I had Indonesian chicken, my wife had Grouper. We are still talking about this meal a week later. Don't leave Aruba without eating here

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Such a wonderful dining experience. The restaurant is in a house from the 1860's. The tables are outside around a pool or under trees in a beatiful garden. So romantic and beautiful. The service was impeccable and the food delicious! I had the baked grouper with shrimp and scallops and it was so good. We've dined here three years in a row and have never been disappointed. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went to this restaurant (which was a last minute decision) for dinner towards the end of our vacation in Aruba. The ambiance is very good, however the service is slow. After having dinners at places like Wacky Wahoo, Gostoco, and Passions we felt the food over here is over rated. My daugther had the wahoo on the stone and it was tasted very fishy. My son had ordered filet mignon and he was struggling to cut and somewhat chewy meat. There are better restaurants than Papiamento so try those instead.