All reviews marina mall lulu hypermarket nice clean hotel hotel building great location within walking distance other hotels starbucks supermarket suite gym taxis business airport
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Stayed with family during 13+ hrs layover enroute to London 29 - 30 Dec 2017 but prompted to write a review after a series of repeated reminder emails hence writing now!

Decent clean hotel with all the usual 4* facilities.minus some finer facilities. Been given a suite but would've been better if a separate single bed/roll away bed was provided for child instead of sharing a king size bed as other hotels provide such on complimentary basis. Information was made clear at the time of booking.

Close to local 2 shopping malls - LuLu (nearby - less than 5 mins walk) and the Marina Mall (larger yet 10-15 mins walk). One needs to be careful crossing the road when having children as traffic is notorious.

Would have given a 5 star but instead giving it a 4 star due to above separate bed issue and also due to some lack of clarity/communication of airport shuttle pick up - which I utilised - I assumed it was on a complimentary basis - not uncommon in some Middle Eastern cities) as the airport shuttle pick up/drop off option/details was provided on the website and neither it was clearly pointed out at the time of confirmation about the charge (but I do acknowledge it could be misunderstanding on my part due to the information not being clearer enough).

Other than that, worth staying and value for money.

Staff are polite and great.

Room Tip: There is a Starbucks cafe on the ground floor; LuLu shopping mall and Marina Mall nearby, former being nearest
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Silenttraveller2009
Reviewed February 13, 2018

As soon as I walked in I was welcomed by a very friendly and polite staff " Syed" and "Shetender" , my room was a suite with granite tiles and a living area , huge , clean and very bright . The Bed is extremely comfortable and the water from the shower is very strong and hot. Every thing in the hotel is new . Starbucks is located just by the reception area and has seats and tables indoor and outdoor . The WiFi was very fast . Breakfast was OK and parking was very limited because of Starbucks customers .The hotel location is in a side street but across the street from Salaam Mall

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank 486suzanh
fosalmiya, Reservations Team at Best Western Plus Salmiya, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Dear Ms. Suzanh,
We wish you a very good day and hope all is well, indeed thank you for your time by sharing your experience stay with us and coping up your expectation. We are looking forward to have you back in our property BEST WESTERN PLUS-Kuwait.

If you need further assistance, kindly do not hesitate to contact us and we are delighted to assist you.

Best Regard,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Salmiya.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

The apartment is large. The kitchen has only a refrigerator and a water boiler. the furniture is average. Good Staff. breakfast is OK. Finding a parking is difficult sometimes. Location is somewhat good.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fahad A
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Although building from outside seems old but the rooms are clean. friendly staff, the location is great with Starbucks within the hotel building. The things that I did not like is that I had to wait more than 2 hours to get my room although I arrived in the afternoon period, it is difficult to find parking, breakfast variety could be better (very limited selections) bathroom should be a bit bigger, the space between the main door and floor tile is almost 3 CM which allows noise from outside and light to come in the room

Room Tip: Better select superior suite, normal rooms are very small
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank qasemahm
Reviewed December 21, 2017

The rooms are clean and withing a 4 star hotel standard. The location is great with Starbucks within the hotel building.
The things that I did not like:
1- The toilet is somehow small and the WC is so close to the wall which is not convenient.
2-The parking is limited to the area in-front of the hotel. With the Starbucks customers, it is even harder to get a park.
3-I wanted to have connected rooms, but the hotel advised me that they do not have such facility in the hotel so I got two rooms near each other. To my surprise, both of the rooms I got had connecting doors to other rooms. It seems connected rooms are available for certain type of rooms. I should have been informed by this.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family