“Is there a better Indian restaurant in Kuwait?”

Zafran Indian Bistro
Ranked #13 of 115 Restaurants in Salmiyah
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

If this restaurant was located in the UK there would be queues stretching 100 yards outside. Excellent food; beautifully prepared; excellent service with very friendly staff; very good value for money; attractive surroundings. We arrived at 7pm on a Friday and the restaurant was empty, this made us a little concerned about the quality. We should not have worried, every aspect of the meal was of the highest class. This place should be packed every night. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Robbiejames

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had a wonderful time at this restaurant. I was really impressed with the decor. It's on the top floor of a shopping complex (Centre Point) and I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was quite elegant and yet comfortable. I had a great spicy tomato soup to start, then mutton saag and the classic mushroom/pea dish in gravy, along with some good garlic naan. These are two of my favorite dishes, and I order them often. I found them to be very, very good here. I greatly enjoyed my beverage, a sort of ginger ale with strawberries that was very refreshing. The service was terrific. I was delighted to find that they also deliver, and look forward to having their food many times.

1  Thank tilda54
Reviewed September 3, 2013

its very good with lots of Indian variety food.....the service and the quality of food matches the standard,,,,also has an option to make food less or more spicy.....

1  Thank sandeep_Deore_1983
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a dinner yesterday at Zafran and went with minimal expectations! the food was simply brilliant...we ordered Dahi ke Kebab in starters plus Mint Lemonade & Saffron-Mango Lassi for Drinks...Mushroom Matar, Dal Fry and Subz Biryani in the main course and everything was simply brilliant! After ages I had only Vegetarian food at any resto and I am glad the first time was so memorable...

It definitely supersedes the Soul & Spice Indian Resto at Courtyard at Marriott for me! Taal was anyway never my favourite...though I am yet to try the newly opened Jamawar Resto at Crowne Plaza...

The resto settings are real nice too...lots of different seating arrangements and the service was decent too...but we were the only guests so hard to judge the actual service!

And it is quite economical too...our order costed us just 13.5 KD! real nice!

This one is highly recommended for everybody who wants to have Indian Fine Dining here in Kuwait!

1  Thank CheontheRoad
Reviewed June 8, 2013

one of the best indian restaurant i had so far. i love the butter chicken with naan & paratha. I also had the mutton masala. the best one in salmiyah