“Really nice hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Salmiyah
Bayan Lepas
“Really nice hotel!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently stayed there 3 nights for work. This is an amazing hotel. The hotel staffs are friendly from the time I walked in and checked out. Room are elegantly furnished with high quality flooring. Nice gym with friendly staffs. Fantastic food with wide choices. Although I had all the meals at the hotel for near 3 full days, I enjoyed all of them. Staffs at dining area were great. Real pleasure and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read your wonderful comments posted on Trip Advisor!

Thank you choosing The Regency for your stay in Kuwait. We are extremely grateful for your kind compliments and are glad that our facilities and services have met your expectations.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon at The Regency!

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here after my wedding for 3 nights, it was amazing. The staff very helpful, Dino was the best at the reception desk.

The rooms are clean, well furnished, nice views, and very elegant atmosphere overall.

The lobby cafe was great as well, and will definately be back.

My inlaws stayed there for 2 weeks and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Room Tip: Take a beach facing room, enjoy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aldarmi
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you and your family had a pleasant stay at The Regency.

We have shared your comments with the management and Dino.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback. We are very grateful for your kind compliments.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The room nice comfortable ilike it , but the staff rude you need 15 min in check in , you canot bring with you any food from outside what this policy ivisit this hotel 14 time and the same problem rude and the food not allowed from out and when isend request email to the hotel they donot respond

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ali a
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Ali,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We take all comments very seriously and understand while you enjoyed our rooms and services in general, you also found some areas lacking, namely in the front office during your check in process. In many ways I am happy that our team is observing the correct process, but I apologize that we have caused you inconvenience.

Regarding our rule of not being able to bring food from outside, as a hotel by law we are obliged to strictly observe the law in respect of food hygiene. As we cannot guarantee food quality from outside vendors we prohibit food from entering the hotel as both a protection to our guests and in order to preserve the reputation that the Regency has gained as a leading five star property. Most hotels do not post such rules on websites such as booking.com but on check in, all guests will sign a form on which our in-house rules are clearly stipulated.

As far as your observations on service levels and your experiences I have implemented immediate changes to ensure improvement.

Thank you for your feedback which we reviewed following your recent visit. You have experienced a list of concerns which I consider to be of the greatest importance.

We do hope you will return to experience The Regency again!

roma
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The best solution for my business trips in Kuwait.
I was there from 22nd to 26th september 2013 and everything was perfect.
A friend atmosphere and a top class service.
The staff is professional and at the same tine friendly.
I recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank clallo
Dear Challo,

Thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay at The Regency and are delighted that you recommended us so highly.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 29, 2013

How does the Regency stand out in its calibre of grand and luxurious hotels? Details, details, details. The place is exquisitely crafted: full marble in the bathrooms, mosaic tiles and inlaid wood on the floors, and gorgeous fresh flower arrangements in the lobby; my bed, with 650-thread count Egyptian linen and heavenly soft pillows, provided an unforgettable sleep, the kind you dream of returning to before day's end; and the staff seemed really keen to show they cared, from remembering my name after the first breakfast to hunting down a postcard for me to mail to my nephew. And while I was at first put-off by not being able to wear my bathing suit in the main pool (the hotel is Sharia compliant), I loved the fact that instead the hotel had a ladies' lounge with a private pool and small beach area, where I could sun-tan to my heart's content. It's hard sometimes to feel at home in a luxury hotel, but somehow that's what the Regency felt like to me.

Room Tip: Get a sea-view room and you'll enjoy a breathtaking sunrise if you wake up early enough.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay. We are delighted that you found our hotel is perfect and fulfilled your expectations in every way. We have passed your kind comments to the associates and the management.

Thank you for your kind and valuable support!

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 29, 2013

As Kuwait's only Sharia hotel, The Regency does stand out. It has an opulent marble lobby filled with light, a lovely beach and two swimming pools (that women aren't allowed to go unless they're wearing an Islamic swimming costume aka the burkini), beautiful rooms and a very welcoming atmosphere. I visited the suites - the Diplomatic suites took my fancy and for the luxury traveller it really does have some amazing options.

PROS

Great gym with a personal trainer and the latest machinery.
Friday brunch - sushi and crepes in particular.
Amazing rain shower and marble bathroom.
Massive bed and soft feather pillows.
Very welcoming staff.
Ladies' Lounge where women can swim and go to the beach.

CONS

The new restaurant has quite dated decor. I think this is in-keeping with the vibe of Kuwait, but I think it would benefit from a little modernity.
The portions are too big - I felt quite sick by the end of it (mostly my own fault!) and the food was very good, but not amazing.
The pool in the Ladies' Lounge in quite small.
No shisha - didn't affect me but it's haram under Sharia and others had to leave the hotel to find a shisha bar.

Overall, I enjoyed my time and it was a lot better than the other hotel I stayed at the last time I was in Kuwait. The management are planning lots of new projects so it's only set to improve.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laura,

We were delighted to read your review posted on Trip Advisor!

Thank you for your kind compliments and for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon at The Regency!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a truly beautiful property. We visited in July 2013, in the middle of Ramadan, the holy month for muslims. Whilst we are not of that faith, we were still welcomed by the Kuwaiti people and enjoyed thoroughly a meal in the buffet at the Regency, known as an 'Iftar', which translates to breaking the fast. The food selection was incredible, the service was impecible, the grounds of the hotel are truly amazing. The location is very good to, not far from several cafes and restaurants, and only 5 minutes into the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Matt,

Thank you for the positive comments posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time at The Regency! We have shared your kind compliments with the management and associates.

Thank you for your kind and valuable support!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Regency!

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmiyah
Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa
Movenpick Hotel & Resort Al Bida'a Kuwait
Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
#2 of 69 in Kuwait City
Safir Hotel and Residences Kuwait
Four Points by Sheraton Kuwait

Been to The Regency Kuwait? Share your experiences!