The Regency Hotel Kuwait
$129
$65
$126
$79
Al Muhanna Plaza Luxury Apartments(Salmiya)(Great Value!)
$74
$63
$93
$90
  • Restaurant
Continental Suite Salmiya(Salmiya)(Great Value!)
$116
Marina Hotel(Salmiya)
$265
$238
Travelocity
All reviewssilk road restaurantluxury hotelamazing lobbywhite marblebeautiful hotelhighly recommended hotelconvention centerprivate poolexcellent serviceprofessional staffbusiness tripspecial thanksvisiting kuwaitfood qualitygreat experiencesea viewenjoyed my stay
Reviewed September 29, 2013

How does the Regency stand out in its calibre of grand and luxurious hotels? Details, details, details. The place is exquisitely crafted: full marble in the bathrooms, mosaic tiles and inlaid wood on the floors, and gorgeous fresh flower arrangements in the lobby; my bed, with 650-thread count Egyptian linen and heavenly soft pillows, provided an unforgettable sleep, the kind you dream of returning to before day's end; and the staff seemed really keen to show they cared, from remembering my name after the first breakfast to hunting down a postcard for me to mail to my nephew. And while I was at first put-off by not being able to wear my bathing suit in the main pool (the hotel is Sharia compliant), I loved the fact that instead the hotel had a ladies' lounge with a private pool and small beach area, where I could sun-tan to my heart's content. It's hard sometimes to feel at home in a luxury hotel, but somehow that's what the Regency felt like to me.

Room Tip: Get a sea-view room and you'll enjoy a breathtaking sunrise if you wake up early enough.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Regency for your stay. We are delighted that you found our hotel is perfect and fulfilled your expectations in every way. We have passed your kind comments to the associates and the management.

Thank you for your kind and valuable support!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

As Kuwait's only Sharia hotel, The Regency does stand out. It has an opulent marble lobby filled with light, a lovely beach and two swimming pools (that women aren't allowed to go unless they're wearing an Islamic swimming costume aka the burkini), beautiful rooms and a very welcoming atmosphere. I visited the suites - the Diplomatic suites took my fancy and for the luxury traveller it really does have some amazing options.

PROS

Great gym with a personal trainer and the latest machinery.
Friday brunch - sushi and crepes in particular.
Amazing rain shower and marble bathroom.
Massive bed and soft feather pillows.
Very welcoming staff.
Ladies' Lounge where women can swim and go to the beach.

CONS

The new restaurant has quite dated decor. I think this is in-keeping with the vibe of Kuwait, but I think it would benefit from a little modernity.
The portions are too big - I felt quite sick by the end of it (mostly my own fault!) and the food was very good, but not amazing.
The pool in the Ladies' Lounge in quite small.
No shisha - didn't affect me but it's haram under Sharia and others had to leave the hotel to find a shisha bar.

Overall, I enjoyed my time and it was a lot better than the other hotel I stayed at the last time I was in Kuwait. The management are planning lots of new projects so it's only set to improve.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Laura,

We were delighted to read your review posted on Trip Advisor!

Thank you for your kind compliments and for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon at The Regency!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a truly beautiful property. We visited in July 2013, in the middle of Ramadan, the holy month for muslims. Whilst we are not of that faith, we were still welcomed by the Kuwaiti people and enjoyed thoroughly a meal in the buffet at the Regency, known as an 'Iftar', which translates to breaking the fast. The food selection was incredible, the service was impecible, the grounds of the hotel are truly amazing. The location is very good to, not far from several cafes and restaurants, and only 5 minutes into the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Matt,

Thank you for the positive comments posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time at The Regency! We have shared your kind compliments with the management and associates.

Thank you for your kind and valuable support!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Regency!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a recent memory trip of places I had spent a lot of time in the 20-30 years of constant travel, we decided to head to Kuwait on the way from Tokyo, Bangkok, and Hong Kong. When I was there many times over a decade, prior to Saddam invading the place, several hotels were excellent but all were gone now. So we opted for the Regency in Salmiyah and saw what a determined effort to come up with success means. Perfect luxury, perfect service, great restaurants. And my wife was treated like a movie star (unlike some of the places we went back to, still with the same unfortunate women are second class mannerisms). This place is everything all the other reviewers say it is. Congratulations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MikeandSarah
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Mike and Sarah,

Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at The Regency and we are very grateful for posting such positive comments online.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Regency very soon.

Yours

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is our first time here. The lobby is spacious, nice and overlooking the pools and beach. They have small private beach but it is clean and aside with kids play area. Room is quit small, bed is super comfortable. The breakfast is amazing not too much varity but they are so pleased to make you what you want with no extras. I really loved this hotel and I am too hard to like. I do recomend it to others. Thank you The Regency, you made my holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Tulip,

Thank you for your wonderful review on tripadvisor.com.

We have noted your very kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful. We have shared your kind praise with the management and associates.

Thank you for putting forward your review, we are very thankful for your kind compliments and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours