“Not as good as the first time”
Review of The Regency Kuwait

The Regency Kuwait
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Salmiyah
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Not as good as the first time”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Regency on a long weekend.. Unfortunately it was not as good as the first time we stayed there... I made the reservation for a junior suite online through (I Prefer) website and at the time of check in I arrived early before my husband and I gave all the documents to the reception desk (my ID + my husbands ID + the marriage certificate) later on when my husband arrived they refused to let him in saying that the suite is reserved for single occupancy!!!! I had to speak to the reception and find the person who checked us in then they apologized and allowed him in. Later at night my husband went out and when he came back again they refused to let him in until I spoke to the reception again!! Another issue was that when I reserved the suite through IPrefer website it mentioned that I was allowed to access the executive lounge and that the minibar inside the room was free of charge but when I checked in they said that they have allocated a slightly bigger suite for me and so they will not allow me to use the executive lounge and I have to pay for the mini bar use!!!! And they called that an Upgrade!!! The first time we stayed there our overall experience was pretty good although we faced some problems which I didn't mention in my first review as I thought that it was minor issues and I have contacted the manager regarding those issues and they have promised me to resolve it. Unfortunately the I have experienced the same issues this time, which I reported again and there was no action taken to resolve it. One thing was the lighting issues as the lightnings buttons were a bit odd and when you click on the toilet light for example the room light would turn on ! we experienced the same problems during both stays. Also they still have no tea/coffee facilities and we needed the kettle for baby food as my baby was with me this time so we had to bring one from home. On the other hand the room was great, the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is magnificent.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the Deluxe rooms with great sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dr_Muneera
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Dr. Muneera,

Thank you for your feedback which we reviewed following your recent visit. You have experienced a list of concerns which I consider to be of the greatest importance.

As a hotel which is operated under Sharia’a law we are attentive to ensuring that the appropriate check in procedures are completed to guarantee that the guests staying in each room comply with regulations. Unfortunately on this occasion you have arrived separately from your husband and a miscommunication between shifts has caused this misunderstanding. In many ways I am happy that our team is observing the correct process, but I apologize that we have caused you inconvenience.

As a return guest we value your loyalty and thank you for your returning to The Regency. We recognize loyalty through offering our guests an upgrade and, without doubt, this includes the benefit that applies to the upgrade level.

As far as your observations on service levels and your experiences I have implemented immediate changes to ensure improvement.

Tea and coffee making facilities are available in all suites and for families with small children we are, upon request, able to supply kettles.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding rooms, staff and breakfast and would ask that you contact me personally on 2576 6666 or gm.pa@theregencykuwait.com to further discuss your thoughts.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you back at The Regency very soon.

Mr. Aurelio Giraudo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have just had a night stay during my business trip to Kuwait in this hotel. I really enjoyed my time without any problem and full support from each and every staff. So supportive and motivated. I seriously appreciate the manager created this atmosphere. Internet was easy to access and use, entire facility is very nice, full of roses around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Nuriye,

Thank you for the valuable comments on Trip Advisor. We noted your very kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and do hope we can continue the good work.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Regency, Kuwait.

Ljubljana,Slovenia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been traveling all over the world but it is almost impossible to have such a great service that The Regency hotel in Kuwait offers. We were all very happy for choosing The Regency.
Comment goes as well to the food which is absolutly amazing.
No need to mention the General Manager Aurelio Giraudo which is after our opinion one of the best hotel managers

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are just amazing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Katarina,

We were delighted to read your positive comments posted on Trip Advisor!

We are extremely grateful for your kind compliments about the hotel services and quality of food we have shared these with the management and associates.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Regency, Kuwait.

The Netherlands
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our stay in The Regency has been very pleasant. Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful, service was striking the right balance perfect execution and pleasant communication, and the place is the best place in Kuwait we have ever been. The professional exclusive business atmosphere offers also a relaxing experience on a personal level.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank BusinessTraveler028
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Maastricht,

Thank you for your valuable comments on Trip Advisor. We noted your kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful.

Thank you once more for the useful feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon at The Regency, Kuwait.

Thanking you,

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

WOW, it’s a small expression about the bed available in the room. after traveling 3 hours from Dammam i have just put my back in the bed and take small nap. it is the best soft bed ever i have laid on. in addition the breakfast was fantastic with a lot of variety in the food and even fresh food make in front of you. i love the stay and i will recommend to visit the hotel as it is the best one and near to a lot of restaurants on Gulf Street

Room Tip: Best Location is Infornt of Beach Don't Lose the View
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Fahad A
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Fahad,

Thank you for your wonderful comments posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and recommend us so highly.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback. We are grateful for your kind compliments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency!

Yours,
Milan, Italy
Reviewed May 30, 2013

"Amazing location and atmosphere... I heartily recommend it!
Everything is perfect: comfortable and very clean rooms, excellent quality service and availability of the staff. A very special thanks to Ram!"

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Mariachiara T
Dear Mariachiara,

Thank you for your excellent review on tripadvisor.com. We have noted your very kind and positive comments, for which we are very grateful.

We have shared your kind praise with Ram, all senior management and associates. Thank you for putting forward your review.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Regency!

uk
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am still staying at the Regency and have been here for three weeks so far. It is a super hotel, excellent food and super facilities.

The staff are simply the best that I have come across for a long time. Friendly, helpful, polite. I would like to mention people by name but the list would be too long to be practical.

I simply cannot fault this hotel...........oh, perhaps I can and only because I have stayed here for so long - I wish they would change the music played at breakfast sometimes!

I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank maric960
Regency K, General Manager at The Regency Kuwait, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Tszil,

Thank you your wonderful review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you are enjoying your stay at the hotel and would stay here ‘again and again’.

We noted your comment regarding the music played at the Silk Road and have advised the concerned Manager to look into the matter, as thanks to your suggestion, as of today the ‘Fur Elise’ melody has been changed!.

We hope you return soon to The Regency!

Yours,
Mr. Aurelio Giraudo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmiyah
Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait
Movenpick Hotel Kuwait
Movenpick Hotel Kuwait
#10 of 69 in Kuwait City
Four Points by Sheraton Kuwait

Been to The Regency Kuwait? Share your experiences!