“Not 3* hotel”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Ra'anana, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Not 3* hotel”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I was in the hotel for 3 nights during the passover brake.
I was very surprised by the conditions of the hotel.
Old furnitures, small room, no bathtub just a shower where all the water comes out...
But on the good side the staff really got out of its way to make us feel comfortable they did answer all of my expectation and more. they gave us extra towels, fix the A/C ( really fast) they even charged my phone ( my cable got damaged on the way), and the food is tasty and very

Good points:
•clean
•made the bad everyday.
•the best hotel staff i ever new( specially a guy name Shadi)
• lots of choice for food
•close to the beach

Things to improve:
•the price is crazy high for such an hotel we paid 1,000 ils per night.
•renew all the fabrics in the room its in bad shape
• try to be more straight forward about your hotel and not pretend its something that its not!

Ward of advise ~get the 3rd floor rooms I've heard they are better

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank jacob V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Pros:
None.
I always leave both Pros and Cons for all hotel reviews, but quite frankly, I have no good feedback on this hotel except the fact that it is close to the sea. But all hotels in Ein Bokek are on or 5 min walk from the seas, and this one is furthest away from the sea.

If I really had to find something:
1. Our room faced Dead Sea. Nice view.
2. We were on 2nd floor right above the reception. We were able to get free wifi access by going onto the balcony (which could not sit more than 2 people ... and even this was claustrophobic). Wifi connection was obviously very poor.
3. We got a free spa included in ur price ... However, we did not take advantage of it, so I cannot comment if was good or not.

Cons:
Hotel seems to be very old. As soon as you walk in, you can notice this. Carpets are old, rooms are horrible - they look old, have an old smell to them, furniture is outdated, etc. Room was extremely small.
When we came in, there was a guy sitting next to the entrance at a desk where they sell gold jewelry. He was staring at us in a creepy way ... it was very odd. Kids were running in the hallways and you could hear them almost as if they were in our room. Sound travels easily in the hotel.
On the way out, I asked the receptionist if there was a gas station on the way to Eliat. He looked at us as if we were the stupidest people ever and told us that Eliat was to the left. After I repeated the question a few times, her finally answered where the next gas station could be found. It was very strange, and his English was good.
I can honestly give you massive list of cons ... but to save you both of us time ... my advice is: book another hotel!

Overall: Considering that this is a resort town only ... you would expect these hotels to be modern and worth the money. Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank CAN_Businessman
Usa, Japan
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I been at this hotel 4 days
It's amazing to stay in this hotel for relax and enjoyment
Friendly staff and clean hotel
Amazing food with a lot of options
I will back to this hotel again and again
The price is good
Thank for all the staff for amazing service .

1 Thank Harbi12
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This place had some good reviews
I booked it for 250 dollars/night
This is the worst hotel I ever paid 50 dollars per night for anywhere
It is decrepit from the outside
Outdated and shabby from the inside
With very few exceptions service is awful
AC has only basic hi/ med/ low functions
Rooms are smelly
I heard people complain of dirty rooms with urine left in the bathrooms upon their arrival
The hallways look like prison
The elevator jumps up and down shaking in the most unsettling manner

2 Thank oaxaca2
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I booked late no problem and was provided with everything needed toenjoy a lovely anf unique holiday resort ,i think the standards are improving
I have no complains it was easy to find a room and easy and fast check in
The staff was friendly and helpful.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hotel is located 5 minutes walk from public beach. Dining room is big and clean. Breakfast are good quality and it is variety of food. Dinners are a little greasy but tasty. Rooms are a little outdated, but big and clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Slawek2014
Russia, Ohio
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Beautiful and quiet hotel
We were at the hotel for 3 nights from the moment we entered the hotel has already started the smiles on the face of the receptionist that Plunk 15 minutes is already the rooms. He told us about the hotel asked us if we wanted a drink of water. Really amazing service receptionist "I forgot his name" gave us the rooms and the room was clean and tidy
In the evening we had dinner and it was delicious
We really enjoyed and I'll come back to this hotel
It is important to note that the hotel just 3 minutes from the beach.

• Stayed December 2013